P.cambrigei sling care

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Got 2 new P.cambrigei slings . I did know that thy are small , but did not expect THAT tiny (l4 ?) :D
Whats general care for such tiny slings ?
Thy need misting every other day to keep moisture right ?
and how to feed them at such size ? i have medium sized mealworms at this moment .
recently molted white soft mealworm (crushed head ofc) will do ? Or i need to cut in half them ?
any other specific tip on P.cambrigei slings ?
Pill bottle cap has some holes , and i poked some on sides .

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I like raising arboreals in 16oz deli cups right off the bat. Allows room for a dish and plenty of growing space.

If you must keep them in vials without a dish, i would mist weekly. They should get the rest from their food.

They grow fast and are good eaters. Try feeding prekilled mealworms.

Sub should be damp. I can't tell from that picture.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Got 2 new P.cambrigei slings . I did know that thy are small , but did not expect THAT tiny (l4 ?) :D
Whats general care for such tiny slings ?
Thy need misting every other day to keep moisture right ?
and how to feed them at such size ? i have medium sized mealworms at this moment .
recently molted white soft mealworm (crushed head ofc) will do ? Or i need to cut in half them ?
any other specific tip on P.cambrigei slings ?
Pill bottle cap has some holes , and i poked some on sides .
For a sling of that size simply dampen a small portion of the vial whilst also maintaining a slightly drier area. Be mindful not to over do it.

I agree with housing these guys in larger enclosures, they have ridiculously fast growth rates and will actually benefit from some extra space. Feed it like crazy and expect to have a large juvenile on your hands in no time. One of my all time favorite species.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Use a bigger container. They burrow until they are juvies. Mine was really simple to care for. I got him as a little thing in October of last year as a freebie (thanks @coldblood) he's now prob 3.5". He took a meal worm 30 minutes after unpacking and never stopped eating.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
For tiny slings I go with an enclosure about the size of a coke can (330ml), it's big enough to allow for a couple inches of sub, a sliver of cork bark and a water dish but not so huge that you struggle to find them.

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG

Sub should be slightly moist.

Try feeding pre-killed/cut up mealworms until they're big enough to take live.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
breeder told me that thy can stay in those pill bottles till next molt . What do you think ?
Or i can rehouse in 1 liter plastic bucket . To big maybe ? but thats all i have at this moment till next trip to shop in few days .