P Cambridgei made a phantom sac now what

obie

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone i woke up this morning to find my p cambridgei had made a egg sac. Now I know that she is a female for sure and the egg sac is a phantom one how long do i wait to breed her with a male. Do I wait until she molts again or do I just take the sack.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's up to you, but personally I'd take it. Those things will rot soon. You can wait for another molt, but I'd say she really wants to become a mommy.
Has it been long since she last molted? How big is she?

obie

Arachnosquire
She's about 5.5 inches and about 2yrs old. It's been about 5 maybe 6 months since her last molt and she stopped eating more then a month ago. So I assumed she was going to molt then I saw the egg sac

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Interesting. 5.5" is still on the small side for breeding. I'd wait for another molt and better than 6" so it's not so hard on her little body.

obie

Arachnosquire
Do they eat them. Cause now I don't see it. And there's like 3 tiny eggs on the substrate

obie

Arachnosquire
Can't find my tape measure but streched out she is about 1/2 in shorter then my phone which is a note 5

Kymura

Arachnoknight
from what I read note 5 is 6.03 x 3.00 x 0.30 inches (153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm) "

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
It's up to you, but personally I'd take it.
Not really a good idea. Those eggs are loaded with nutrition, and in my experience, phantom sacs are usually eaten. That keeps all that nutrition from going to waste.

If the sac's abandoned, then you can remove it.

obie

Arachnosquire
Yup she ate it. How long should I weight before I try to mate her.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Not really a good idea. Those eggs are loaded with nutrition, and in my experience, phantom sacs are usually eaten. That keeps all that nutrition from going to waste.

If the sac's abandoned, then you can remove it.
Was thinking the same, why waste such a good meal ;)

obie

Arachnosquire
Is it tarantula breeding season cause now one of my haplopelma sp. Is tapping

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@obie Man, ah ah, your avatar kick ... can i ask you who is, or from which movie is taken? lol

Btw i agree with Poec54 and Angel.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@obie Man, ah ah, your avatar kick ... can i ask you who is, or from which movie is taken? lol
Google took me here:
http://thelastdragontribute.tumblr....nough-is-enough-yall-better-chill-out-who-did

To the OP,
Captive spiders can be bred year-round. This is one of my favorite threads to read through:
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/did-some-pairing-last-night.217014/
Just wish catfishrod69 would update it more often. Post #951 features a male I sent him!

Last edited:

obie

Arachnosquire
thats exactly what it is. a mixture of sho nuff from the last dragon and denzel washington at the floyd mayweather fight