P. cambridgei courtship

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi-

These are pictures of Jeff Cohen's (jcohen9999) attempting to breed with one of my females. This is the second of my 3 females he's met so far. His encounters with the first went pretty well, and this one was going pretty good but I think I spooked him while fumbling with the camera. She was very receptive, however, so I think he will succeed next time.

Looks like a greyhound trying to make friends with a bear!

Wade

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great photos, Wade. :)

Best of luck with the breeding.

A Greyhound and a bear, huh? {D He's got such long legs, looks so pretty and graceful, and she is SO ...hmmm....chubby (???) compared to him? I don't mean to say she's fat, but definitely wider in the hips. :D

---
Wendy
---

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
One of the things I love about this species is the sexual dimorphism, the males are soooo long legged and delicate with the really long feathery hairs on the legs, while the females are these massive beasts. The bulkiness is especially amazing considering their arboreal nature! I've fed her well recently, because these spiders are extremely voracious (she'll snatch adult orange heads right off the forcepts) and I want him to live to breed with all 3 of my females. Since she molted only about a month an a half ago, I wanted to make sure she was not hungry before introducing him.

Wade

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Great Pics!!

Thanks for the pictures.

I have my finger's crossed that lightning strikes at least once.

Jeff