P. cambridgei boy

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
hi all, long time no post.
i just found out today i was the proud daddy of a healthy male (male!) Trinidad Chevron. Anyone got a date for the guy?
i'm going to check with John Hoke to see if he's got anything going on.
In related news, all my bugs are well, my C. brachycephalus slings are getting fat and happy, and the C. cyanopeubescens are huge. i got an A. geniculata for my birthday and life is good.
let me in on what i've been missin'...
g

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
hey—what's up, garth?

my a. geniculata grew from 3" to a whopping 7 1/4" in the three moults i've had her—so expect to be amazed and awed every time you look at yours. my b. boehmei is now 5 1/2" (growing very slowly), and my p-terror is in hiding, so who knows what she's been up to these past several months.

also, i am proud to announce, i am now rearing 2 new spiderlings—an l. parahybana, and an l. cristata, bringing my tarantula total up to a nice, uneven five. of course, there are several "i gotta haves" still on my list!

K

krucz36

ahh...the good old days when i only had five to look after...heh
i'm up to 60 now...congrats on the slings, it's awesome watching them grow!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Garth,
nice to see you back :)
I have what *may* be an adult female, but hard to tell, since I really don't know her age, her legspan is probably close to 6"....if that means anything

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
hey hey
my male probably has a legspan of close to 7". no way to tell for us laypeople with a female though, i spose.
anyone have a thought on that? how do you determine a female's ultimate molt?
maybe i'l just send him over, he can't have too long to live. i'm kind of disappointed, i really love that bug. but i could also really love a boatload of little slings!
g

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, I would be willing if you are...
we could do the usual 50/50 split..
email me if interested....
Holley

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not to horn in on Holley's action, but I've got 3 adult females, at least one of which is proven. Two are approaching molts and the other just molted so i'd be a couple months before they're ready.

I don't think there's anyway to tell if a female has had her ultimate molt, I think even the pros just make educated guesses based on age and size.

Wade