p. auratus not happy ?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I recently redid my p. auratus enclosure (I don’t like fungus gnats).

Literally the only difference from what she had before is coco fiber instead of topsoil...but she has almost refused to touch the sub. It’s slightly damp just how I kept the topsoil.

She’s been all over the place. The walls...the lid. I’ve never seen that. Before the remodel she was always comfortably in her hide or slightly outside. Any idea as to why she might be struggling to settle in?

(Crappy photos attached)

Attachments

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
By “recently”, how long ago specifically?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I wouldn’t be concerned given that time span. She is in settling mode. I’ve had them do that after a rehouse for a couple weeks. I had a B. albo that acted goofy for a month one time.

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try not to mist enclosure.
My 2 Grammostola pulchra always climb the lid or want to go out when i mist or fill the water cup. After they drink water i take the water cups.

Urzeitmensch

Arachnosquire
I recently redid my p. auratus enclosure (I don’t like fungus gnats).

Literally the only difference from what she had before is coco fiber instead of topsoil...but she has almost refused to touch the sub. It’s slightly damp just how I kept the topsoil.

She’s been all over the place. The walls...the lid. I’ve never seen that. Before the remodel she was always comfortably in her hide or slightly outside. Any idea as to why she might be struggling to settle in?

(Crappy photos attached)
When my E. Cyanognatus arrived on Monday she acted very strange, too. I gave her a starter burrow, partly damp substrate and some spaghnum moss. She just pressed herself into a corner or against the wall, not moving at all.

I was really worried she might have taken damage due to the long transit (1 week).

Yesterday, however, she moved into the burrow. I then remembered that my E. Murinus sling did the same in its deli cup for a long time.

And my Phormictopus cancerides which came with the same shipment acted exactly like your T does. So I wouldn't worry.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Cocofibre needs to be tamped down pretty hard when it is a bit damp, and even then it is softer to the touch than peat or topsoil. Maybe it is a bit too loosely packed and she hates the feeling of it. But settling in from Monday is also normal ;)

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Cocofibre needs to be tamped down pretty hard when it is a bit damp, and even then it is softer to the touch than peat or topsoil. Maybe it is a bit too loosely packed and she hates the feeling of it. But settling in from Monday is also normal ;)
I was thinking the same thing!

Mikeyspikeyz

Arachnopeon
My P. davis did the same thing, it was like a game of the floor is lava for a couple days, then it decided to bury itself in its hide. Only now (A month later) is it finally willing to take a stroll. Just let 'em settle in :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My P. davis did the same thing, it was like a game of the floor is lava for a couple days, then it decided to bury itself in its hide. Only now (A month later) is it finally willing to take a stroll. Just let 'em settle in :)
P.davis? Don't know that species, is that a Theraphosid?