Other types of leaves.

Joxer

Arachnopeon
Hoping I can get some answers here. Since it's hard for me to get access to good oak leaves what is everyone's opinion on liquidambar and Fruitless Mulberry. I have tons of them around me so easy to get.

Sry this is for Isopods and Millipedes. Mainly Isopods.

Last edited:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I've used the sweet gum but never mulberry. But even with the sweet gum it is less than a 10th of the overall mix; I have never fed it straight. What kind of inverts are you keeping?

Joxer

Arachnopeon
I've used the sweet gum but never mulberry. But even with the sweet gum it is less than a 10th of the overall mix; I have never fed it straight. What kind of inverts are you keeping?
Sry I edited the main post. But it's for Isopods and Millipedes

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Maple is good and fairly common. There are some people here who trade some nice wood and leaves. Maybe ask in classifieds?

Joxer

Arachnopeon
Okay I live in Southern California in the San Diego area Maple isn't that common nor is good oak wood / leaves what I do have is Coast Live Oak, scrub Oak, tons of European Alders, cottonwoods, liquid Amber, fruitless mulberries and Magnolias. Now I know Magnolias, Alders and cottonwoods are good that's why I'm asking about fruitless mulberries and liquid Amber.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Most deciduous trees should be fine as long as they're dead and brown. If they aren't (which I doubt, especially for leaves that have already begun to decay) the bugs will know better than to eat them.