other t questions

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive got a couple other t questions lol... how long does it takeG. aureostriata, P. cambridgei, P. iminia, P. pederseni and P. regalis to grow in general, im looking for a few ts that will live a couple years after they get full mature but dont take a long time to get full grown

and a scorp question how big do these guys get Scorpio maurus palmatus ? and how do i keep it if i decide to get one

Last edited:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
G. aureostriata is a decent grower. If you generally deal in very fast-growing species, it will seem glacial; if you deal with G. rosea, it will seem to grow like a weed. I guess it's about average. :) And because they don't grow superfast, they have a pretty long lifespan, though I can't give you any real numbers.

I got mine at 1" in January '06, it's like 2.5" now, I think. And that's having had some cool months that slowed its growth. It's kept up with my L. parahybana so far, though the para will probably start to outpace it now that it's got some size (it can gain like 50% mass or more with each molt sometimes, but when it's only half an inch long, 50% isn't much {D ).

EDIT: The scorpion question will have more luck in the scorpion forum.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Poecilotheria grow super fast and i think their lifespans are relatively short; like, 7-10 years? Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Psalmopoeus i'm not sure about but i think they are also fast growers.

"im looking for a few ts that will live a couple years after they get full mature but dont take a long time to get full grown"

You may have a hard time finding the best of both worlds. Generally if they grow fast they die fast and vice-versa.