1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other arboreals to add to my collection

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by SgtSparkles, Mar 14, 2012.

1. SgtSparkles

SgtSparkles Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    well next month i'll be placing another order for t's and i'm looking for another couple arboreals to maybe add to it i currently have a few avics and will be getting a geroldi on this order as well if all goes right, so what to add is the question. I of course am thinking of p. irminia though they can have an attitude.

---------- Post added 03-14-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

while that is the fantasy answer thats not the financial answer i was looking for

---------- Post added 03-14-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

while that is the fantasy answer that is not the financial answer i was hoping for

2. Grin

Grin Arachnoknight

Tapinauchenius spp.

3. mark e sic

mark e sic Arachnosquire

Iridopelma sp. like hirsustum and Avicularia sp. like purpurea or amozonica.

4. SgtSparkles

please elaborate as to which Tapinauchenius and why, though a quick search yeilded plenty of the color purple and a few threat displays

and mods, if i knew you were going to delete the troll response i wouldn't have replied. quick action though.

5. Grin

Grin Arachnoknight

A lot of people have the Tapinauchenius gigas.

But I prefer the T. plumipes, love the coloration on them and mine seems to come out a lot and chill on the cork bark.
    I'd say any of them are great to have.

6. advan

advan Nikonian Staff Member

Please elaborate on how "Get all of them" is a troll response. I mainly keep arboreals and love them, hence my reply. ;)

You need to be more specific when you ask these silly "what should I get next" questions. Do you like color? Patterns? Size? Does temperament matter? OW? NW? Some of these might help us narrow it down to a few suggestions. But then again you know what you like we don't.

Judging by your two post its seems you find defensive arboreals unnerving, if this is the case I suggest you stick with Avicularia. But if you want to venture into more arboreals you're going to have to take a chance and learn to deal with defensiveness. I would much rather deal with a runner than a kicker. :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  7. SgtSparkles

actually i have an amizonica that will threat display all day, i am debating throwing a P. irminia on the order but there are of course other options being weighed

8. If you don't want to go old world then any Psalmopoeus is a good bet. They are quick but mine mostly just hide when disturbed. When it comes to old worlds Pokies are a little similar in the fact that most of mine just hide when disturbed. Their venom is powerful but as long as your sensible its not too much of an issue. They are also pretty and unique in appearance. The African arboreals tend to stand their ground more and are far more defensive IMO, but don't expect to be handling any OW...

9. SgtSparkles

if i want to handle i've got avics and brachys i can hold, just some other fun t's is all i want

10. SgtSparkles

any other nifty ideas?

11. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

P. cambridgei
    L. violaceopes
    I. hirsutum

12. skar

skar Arachnobaron

AZ
    My suggestions are all listed .. taps, psalms, Iridiopelma. or go Ow - Lampropelma are cool.
    What else could/do you want ?

13. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

You can't go wrong with Poeci's in my opinion, because they're gorgeous and theres like 20 to choose from lol

14. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

Germany

Go get one! They're AWESOME! :D Come on, you know you want one :D

15. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    Cyriopagopus schioedtei

16. SgtSparkles

the females are so beautiful. but the males are so ugly

---------- Post added 03-17-2012 at 05:46 PM ----------

ooh i like that one, though i bet it can be a bit agro. and potent.

17. jayefbe

jayefbe Arachnoprince

The males only look "ugly" after maturing. Many males will show dimorphism after their maturing molt, so it's not unique to P. irminia.

18. Storm76

Storm76 Arachnoemperor

Germany
    Personally, I think male P.irminia look slightly like "washed out P.cambridgei" actually :D

19. jayefbe

jayefbe Arachnoprince

I think that's why you see P irminia x cambridgei hybrids every once in a while. The mature males look very much alike.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SgtSparkles

might end up with an irminia. as long as they end up being availible at the time of my order, maybe a couple avics i don't have and my promised virsi of course. and if he has any larger avics at the time those, 1.5" ones seem to be past the really sketchy stage of growth. hopefully i get a geroldi. not arboreal but he's got a good price on juv genicalata i'm gonna grab if i can too