1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orthoporus growth rate?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Tenevanica, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Tenevanica

Tenevanica Arachnodemon

Advertisement
    Does anyone have any experience raising Orthoporus ornatus up from pedelings or juveniles and know what the growth rate is? How fast do they grow? Thanks for any answers!

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

3. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince Active Member

I have some baby Fool's Gold Orthoporus. I have had them about 8 months and they seem to be pretty average in growth. @DubiaW the Oo King may know!

4. DubiaW

DubiaW Arachnobaron

I'm blushing. I just have the advantage of being able to observe this wonderful species in the wild, (and know the location of multiple superpods in three different type localities). Still waiting for someone to spill the beans on a "Pumpkin" locality. I have one friend that collects them who is holding out on me. I might give him a hundred bucks to spill the beans.

5. DubiaW

DubiaW Arachnobaron

Oo's don't grow really fast, and captive breeding isn't unheard of but the secret isn't out yet. I intend to crack that riddle. They are incredibly prolific in the wild but people in Europe would certainly appreciate knowing how to breed them since they are so difficult to obtain there.

• Like Like x 1