Orthochirus innesi

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had no luck trying to buy this species. Does anyone even have this species in the US? How rare are they?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
There are a few people with them in the US and they pop up from time to time on the FS lists. Not an easy species to breed from what I've heard (and tried... :( ), so they aren't as common as I wish they were. My gravid female died recently, a couple months before she was supposed to give birth, so that really sucked. Good luck on your search and I hope you find some!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm attempting to get broods. I've got them to pair, but nothing yet. One has been gravid for over a year. Been following info I've gotten from members on here and off here.

There were imports for a year or so back in 2013-2014, then they dried up. The cbb individuals are near impossible to find inside of the US (I found two adults luckily myself who are cbb from a friend) but that's about it. Hopefully myself and/or others can get broods to get these guys going!

telepatella

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I had 4 in a communal set up. 3 died and I have a very round female. But like you said D, no telling if or when she'll give birth. I hope my last one doesn't die like her tankmates. BTW, I have a juvi and male adult in alcohol if either of you want.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
There are a few people with them in the US and they pop up from time to time on the FS lists. Not an easy species to breed from what I've heard (and tried... :( ), so they aren't as common as I wish they were. My gravid female died recently, a couple months before she was supposed to give birth, so that really sucked. Good luck on your search and I hope you find some!
:( that sucks Tyler. I really thought you had a great chance with her since she had freshly molted to adult. Hope Grom has better luck than we both had with them. Such a cool little genus - I hope somebody figures them out :)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:( that sucks Tyler. I really thought you had a great chance with her since she had freshly molted to adult. Hope Grom has better luck than we both had with them. Such a cool little genus - I hope somebody figures them out :)
I'm busy begging everyone for advice :) hehe

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I know, man, I had my hopes up there, especially since I could see the embryos in her. She had been doing well, eating just fine and basking on the warm end of the tank during the day when she wanted, but then just upped and died :(

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Any luck finding these ? I've been into the hobby for about three years now ... and no luck finding this species.