Orphnaecus Cebuensis?

ArachnoAddict

Arachnopeon
Well I just caught a native tarantula here -_-
and its an Orphnaecus Cebuensis or I think it is >.<
Im just asking how big can they get?
I caught one like only 2 inches big or maybe 1.5 inches dunno :cool:
Can't sex them won't allow me to pinch grab >.<
They are really agressive I caught around 6-5 plan on only keeping 1 (still going to pick)
we got really bored so we went out to find any Ts or Scorps around our place

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Don't know much about owning this genus. Some pictures of your specimens would be much appreciated. I believe Orphnaecus cebuensis is no longer in use, and what people used to keep labeled as O. cebuensis looks much like O. dichromatus.. Not seeing any use of cebuensis in junior synonyms anywhere but I'll dig around if I get a chance to.

EDIT: Having trouble finding the last legitimate use of cebuensis

EDIT2: Never a legitimate name. Misused reference to where it was found: Cebu, Phillipines. What you have may or may not be described, so pictures would definitely be awesome :D

Last edited:

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
May well also be O.pillitus as these are more common and overlaps ditribution with P.baeri.

But like jay said, chances are it is a P.baeri since you caught a lot. P.baeris cohabitate with each other unlike the Orphnaecus sp. which prefers to be in solitude meaning the chances of you finding more than 2 in a hundred square meters will be quite a challenge.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
May well also be O.pillitus as these are more common and overlaps ditribution with P.baeri.

But like jay said, chances are it is a P.baeri since you caught a lot. P.baeris cohabitate with each other unlike the Orphnaecus sp. which prefers to be in solitude meaning the chances of you finding more than 2 in a hundred square meters will be quite a challenge.
So are these fully communal or do they jut tolerate each other?

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
So are these fully communal or do they jut tolerate each other?
I would assume they are communal. I've seen a group of wild P.baeris from the same rotting log while watching some locals take photos of it. They were even found on cracked walls of rural houses living with Isometrus maculatus scorpions to my surprise

ArachnoAddict

Arachnopeon
@ Curious Jay nope they kill each other they aren't communal and no I think P. Baeri looks different -_-

@ Brizzl I live in Cebu

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
It's not P.baeri if you're from Cebu then since it is absent in the central and southern islands of Vizayas/Visaya Region. Most likely Orphnaecus