1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ornithoctoninae Changes

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by VanessaS, Aug 5, 2019.

1. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Ornithoctoninae Changes by Arachnida on Facebook

• Like Like x 4
  2. korg

korg Arachnobaron

Lot to run through here... is this an accurate way to sum it all up?

Omothymus rafni = NEW
    Lampropelma violaceopes = Omothymus violaceopes
    Lampropelma nigerrimum arboricola (the old Lampropelma sp. "Bornea Black"?) = Phormingochilus arboricola
    Omothymus thorelli = No longer exists, same as Omothymus schioedtei
    Phormingochilus carpenteri (the old Cyriopagopus sp. "Sulawesi Black"?) = Lampropelma carpenteri
    Phormingochilus kirki = No longer exists, same as Lampropelma carpenteri
    Phormingochilus fuchsi = Omothymus fuchsi
    Phormingochilus tigrinus = NEW (no longer the same as Phormingochilus everetti)
    Omothymus dromeus = Melognathus dromeus

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Arachnid Addicted

Arachnid Addicted Arachnosquire Active Member

I knew L. n. arboricola was the old L. sp. "Borneo Black".
    Now, I'm not sure if P. carpenteri was C. sp. "Sulawesi Black".

I heard this article still needs to be approval, anyone can confirm this info?

4. Arachnid Addicted

Also, there few keepers in doubt if P. fuchsi could be C. sp. "Sumatran Tiger", anyone know something about it too?

5. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

It was a guess based off of what someone saw/read in the paper. Not confirmed by anybody as far as I know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

It is listed under 'Upcoming... These references will be included soon.' over at WSC. You can find the .pdf here...
    https://wsc.nmbe.ch/registeredpapers

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  7. CEC

CEC Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

MN-USA
    Yes, carpenteri is hobby sp. "Sulawesi Black" that was confirmed in Smith and Jacobi 2015 (They compared Jacobi's hobby stock).

In response to sp. "Sumatra Tiger" being fuchsi... "Omothymus fuchsi is not Sumatran Tiger - completely different location , Sumatran tiger is not even from Sumatra, it’s from small island on the western coast of Sumatra (don’t remember the name) but O.fuschi is from Central Sumatra -far away" So it seems it was a guess without any supportive evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arachnid Addicted

Thanks man. Tbh, I've seen the article and noticed that fuchsi is from Sumatra, so I thought: I think people are believing they are "Sumatran Tiger" based only in the location; which is now I know its not accurate either. Lol.

How have you been, btw?

• Like Like x 1
  9. FrDoc

FrDoc Arachnolord Active Member

Dixie
    Man!!! You guys are in a whole different league. I like them because they’re cool, and I like watching them kill stuff in their enclosures. I wouldn’t even consider reading something about why they are called this, that, or the other thing, and back again. I don’t even really care where they come from as long as they do the two aforementioned things for me. Seriously, the only reason I read this thread was because I was eating fried chicken, had grease on my fingers, and didn’t want to get it on my tablet changing threads (couldn’t make that up, huh?).

Now, I must withdraw and be humbled by you. I’m not worthy! I’m not worthy!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Patherophis

Patherophis Arachnobaron Active Member

Update:
    Changes were accepted by WSC. :)

• Like Like x 2