Orb Weaver Setup

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i really like Orb weavers and was considering getting one, now ive heard people let thiers lose in thier bedrooms and they make a web. As much as id like to do that, i dont think my mother would be amused by a spider living freeing in my bedroom lol

just wondering what kind of enclosure do they need? size? humidity? temp? all the basic into please

thanks

aftershock

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm one of those crazy guys who have my orbweavers all around my house. I have two large Nephilas, one living in the window of my livingroom and one in my kitchen window.

I think that the best thing is to have the lose(the ones that make BIG webs. Nephilas etc) but smaller ones like Argiope sp can live in a roomy large container with a lot of branches, driftwood and stuff like that. They need all this to attach their web.

Good luck!
/Martin

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
I have some kind of Araneus (I tried to get some help identifying it but no one seems to know http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14939) I keep her in a Chameleon screen cage! It works GREAT! I put in some twisty sticks for decoration and so she can anchor her webs. She spins a big ole orb web and I throw in a cricket. Then she'll take down the web until shes hungry again and spin a new one. The cage also contains the TEENY male very well. At least so far no escapes.
Hag

Last edited:

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey that one looks like an

Anguler orb weaver/Araneus angulatus

Last edited: