Orange mark on abdomen: Brachypelma Albopolisum

Emilia Sage

Arachnopeon
No-- you'll see feeding is subjective on this forum.

Some feed sparingly like the Ts are prisoners in a Nazi death camp and others feed them like they are visitors at an all you can eat buffet in Las Vegas hotels
I see, thank you. Gonna wait until his fangs are black before I try and feed him again. Going to try once a week and see how he gets on with that.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Thank you! And I'm sure he said he came from Costa Rica?
That is possible. But i asked because there is the Honduran B.albopilosum, and, recently discovered, Nicaraguan B.albopilosum. The last one has much more 'hair' than the one from Honduras.
Doesn't matter carewise,was just curious :)

Emilia Sage

Arachnopeon
That is possible. But i asked because there is the Honduran B.albopilosum, and, recently discovered, Nicaraguan B.albopilosum. The last one has much more 'hair' than the one from Honduras.
Ah I see, I will have to ask the next time I see him. I may have imagined him saying Costa Rica

Emilia Sage

Arachnopeon
I've just looked at a Nicaraguan B.albopilosum
I've just had a quick look at a Nicaraguan B.albo and that sure looks like my T. I'll have to read more about them.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
There was a mature one also but didn't think I was ready for that just yet.
I am not sure what you mean by "ready for that." A mature male is on borrowed time and they typically will wander continuously and often refuse food. I would not recommend you purchase a mature male, especially if they are selling it for the same price of a female or even an immature male. It's a waste unless you are trying to breed (which I would not recommend you attempt yet).

A mature female typically lives much longer.

Also, larger spiders (including yours as it is a decent size from what I can tell) are easier to care for as they are less delicate than small slings.

Brachy92

Arachnopeon
Hi I’m new to this site need some advice about my curly hair she has a spot on the underside of her abdomen not top I’ve read that curly hairs can get hernias not sure if this is the case or not can you guys help me?

eleanormd

Arachnopeon
looks like the start of a perfectly normal bald spot. they get those quite often by kicking their urticating hairs off with their back legs.

HI, my curly haired also has an orange spot that has suddenly appeared... I assume its a bald spot. What/how on earth would my baby be doing to create this? More importantly, will the bald spot ever fill back in?

eleanormd

Arachnopeon
It's a good job you mentioned about their fangs, my B.Albopolisum has red fangs right now like they're ready to go black. Should I not be feeding him? He had a cricket 4 days ago so I'm wondering if that's too early. His abdomen is quite small at the moment but I'm wondering if that's just because he's small right now anyway? Just need general information about curly hairs really.
hi can you tell me more about the white red black fangs. does the color change just mean its near time to molt? what are specifics? I have recently become the mom to a rose haired and curly hair. I want to make sure I am properly tending to my babes. any advice for a new arthropod mom would be appreciated!!!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
HI, my curly haired also has an orange spot that has suddenly appeared... I assume its a bald spot. What/how on earth would my baby be doing to create this? More importantly, will the bald spot ever fill back in?
Hello, yup, should be. They often develop it just normally. It could mean youre bothering it too much. They kick the hairs in self defense. Alot of spiders kick in preparation for a molt. The hairs will be replaced with the next molt.

eleanormd

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply. I did recently move each of my babes into a new habitat. Maybe this caused irritation.