Orange albiono P.laevis

Spidercreations

Arachnopeon
Screenshot_2017-01-07-21-38-31-1.png Screenshot_2017-01-07-21-40-30-1.png

Just wanted to show my orange albiono P.laevis, might be selling/trading these soon so I thoughtnI would post some photos.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
It's cool that you might have an albino, but are you sure it is one? Do you have multiple albinos? How large is this one? I don't think it would be called an "orange albino" if it was albino XD
But if it really is, hats off to you because I have never seen an albino in my collections.

Spidercreations

Arachnopeon
It's cool that you might have an albino, but are you sure it is one? Do you have multiple albinos? How large is this one? I don't think it would be called an "orange albino" if it was albino XD
But if it really is, hats off to you because I have never seen an albino in my collections.
I have about 10-15 in my culture, they have red eyes which is kinda an albino trait. There is normal albino isopods people breed and sell, and there's also orange ones so that's why I am calling mine orange albionos. My orange albionos are different sizes any were from really small to juveniles that are old enough to breed.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
@Spidercreations
Do they look different from the rest of the colony?
Have you separated these ones off to breed them separately to continue on the morph?

If you can it'd be cool to get a side by side comparison to see the difference.

Spidercreations

Arachnopeon
@Spidercreations
Do they look different from the rest of the colony?
Have you separated these ones off to breed them separately to continue on the morph?

If you can it'd be cool to get a side by side comparison to see the difference.
they look very different from the rest of the culture there color and eye color are different, I'll have to get a side by side comparison of them.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I have about 10-15 in my culture, they have red eyes which is kinda an albino trait. There is normal albino isopods people breed and sell, and there's also orange ones so that's why I am calling mine orange albionos. My orange albionos are different sizes any were from really small to juveniles that are old enough to breed.
Still, the name "Orange albino" is misleading since they don't seem that orange to me, and most light colored stocks of isopods are actually white and are not true albinos, and do not have red eyes, so this strain could just be called an "Albino" strain, as that would be the most accurately descriptive name you could give them.

Branding aside, this is a lovely isopod strain, would love to see pics of a larger specimen if possible, and could you take a picture of one beside a normal specimen for comparison? :)

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
@BobBarley

Red-Eye albino would be kind of. Redundant? In order for an animal to be a true albino, it does have to have the red/pink eyes, or else it isn't a true albino.
There are solid white animals that aren't albinos, because they have Blue eyes or Black. They're Leucistic in that case.

So just "albino" would be best to call them.
As Hisserdude said, Albino is the most accurate name possible to give.