Opistophthalmus pallipes care advice

MapleMatt

Arachnosquire
Hi guys, I have O. pallipes in 4-5 and wanted to ask about proper care as a baby aswell as when adult. Actually any informations and advice how to keep this specie will be very useful. I would like to know, how the enclosures should be big, substrate to use, temperatura, level of humidity aswell as any experiences from keeping this specie. Thank You for help in advance

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The genus likes to be kept warm and on the drier side, though they appreciate a deeper substrate they can burrow into. Make sure they have a water dish to drink from that you fill once every couple weeks.

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
I agree with the deeper substrate - mine love to burrow. Hence the common name 'burrowing scorpion'. You don't want to keep them too moist, but you also don't want to keep them bone dry. If your substrate is deep enough, they'll find the humidity gradient they want. Just make sure to keep the substrate moist enough to facilitate burrowing. Other than that, they like it warm, lots of food, and no interaction. Very secretive animals unless they are searching for food that doesn't meander down into the burrows!