My scorpions

basin79

ArachnoGod
Are these rascals the same as tarantulas and pedes? Leave them alone if they burrow? My lass hasn't appeared since she's dug a burrow. The entrance is blocked up.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
She should be fine. Even with the opening sealed off she can dig back out when or if she wants. Just like a tarantula, keep an eye out for uneaten feeders though.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Well I decided to open the entrance and put a cricket in. From the back I can see her. She instantly grabbed, stung and began eating it. So she most certainly was hungry but wouldn't come out.

She's since blocked the entrance back up. I'll leave her for 3-4 weeks and if she hasn't come out again I'll do the same.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Pretty spacious burrow she has, no wonder she doesn't want to come out, looks pretty cozy :)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I'm really hoping she starts to wander out at night. Just so I know she's definitely NOT in premoult.
If I'm remembering correctly, they are the scorpion version of a pet hole. I'm not as informed on Opistophthalmus as I'd like to be. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can offer more. At least yours has built her little cave where you can look in though. She definitely looks pretty good size wise.