Oops...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've always thought you could just label the tarantulas' enclosures so you don't forget their names.
For the few that do have names, I do. I label it with the common name, scientific name, and a name I give them. So...

Aphonopelma chalcodes
"Tuscon Blonde", Vernor

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
For the few that do have names, I do. I label it with the common name, scientific name, and a name I give them. So...

Aphonopelma chalcodes
"Tuscon Blonde", Vernor
I'm saving the name "Rek'sai" for any tarantula I get in the future who leaps out of its burrow to devour prey. It'll probably be a P. muticus or a T. apophysis. Rek'sai is a character in League of Legends who burrows underground and jumps out and surprises the enemy team.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
5" 0.1 A. chalcodes
6" 0.1 H. gigas
1.5" 0.0.2 H. gigas
3" 0.0.1 P. muticus
1.5" 0.0.1 M. balfouri
0.75" 0.0.1 L. parahybana

:sorry:

You know what happened. People need to stop getting rid of their spiders at adoption prices.
Maybe, it should be titled, Oops, here we go again.
I had my own moment yesterday. I bought:

0.1 T gigas
0.1 C, cyaneopubescens
0.1 C. marshalli
0.0.2 B albopilosum (Nicaraguan)
0.0.1 S. dehaani
0.0.1 S. polymorpha

I am starting to feel a space crunch. Cool thing, I now have 50 different species of tarantulas. Bad thing, I need to sell some. Some tough choices may have to come soon.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'm saving the name "Rek'sai" for any tarantula I get in the future who leaps out of its burrow to devour prey. It'll probably be a P. muticus or a T. apophysis. Rek'sai is a character in League of Legends who burrows underground and jumps out and surprises the enemy team.
Haha, I play LOL quite a bit. You could always go really old school to original DOTA and name one Broodmother. Though it would need to be a female who has produced at least one sack. :p

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Haha, I play LOL quite a bit. You could always go really old school to original DOTA and name one Broodmother. Though it would need to be a female who has produced at least one sack. :p
I've never played DOTA. I've never even seen any gameplay of DOTA lelelelel. But this Broodmother name sounds kinda cool. I should use Elise too. Probably if I ever get a Black Widow.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Oh yeah and if I get a male scorpion I'll name him Skarner. His stinger brings ugly death.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I had a male H. gigas that made the rounds to six females across the country. I named him Gerald of Rivia.

boina

Lady of the mites
My nephew played - I think he was really good (European championships level), but he's stopped. I need to ask him for names, Lol. (Just a proud aunt here ;))

Congratulations on your new additions @EulersK

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had to leave my baby Regina at home while I'm at college with my mother who doesn't want more yet. But there's a chance I'll be picking one up at Repticon on Friday. I'll get more eventually, keep your pants on Euler.
Why can't you bring your T to college? I had my E. campestratus and two emperor scorpions (which had babies during sophomore year) in my dorm room. People hide far worse things than inverts while they live in dorms. Just gotta be a little cautious.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a male P.met named Raziel. Very old school ps1 and ps2 game. The right guess gets a lollipop ;)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I had a male P.met named Raziel. Very old school ps1 and ps2 game. The right guess gets a lollipop ;)
Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain series.

I was always impressed by the voice acting. (I'd rather read dialogue than listen to crappy voice acting.)

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Blood Omen/Legacy of Kain series.

I was always impressed by the voice acting. (I'd rather read dialogue than listen to crappy voice acting.)
One of my all time favs! Ya the voice acting was actually quite good lol