Oops, T overload...

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
I got a sizeable tax return this year and I went a little bit insane with the tarantula purchases. This is all well and good, and I even have the space for them - but its come down to good shipping weather and everybody's shipping at once! I have just realized and I can't even remember how many are on their way to me, and I'm not sure I've got enclosures for them all! :-O I better get counting and get to work on this...

Not a question or anything, just felt the need to say something. Anyone ever run into this problem? lol

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I had two different people send me my half of breeding loans on the same day last year. That was a lot of spiders to unpack and prepare for! :eek:

Congrats on the new arrivals! :)

Osmo

Arachnosquire
I got a sizeable tax return this year and I went a little bit insane with the tarantula purchases. This is all well and good, and I even have the space for them - but its come down to good shipping weather and everybody's shipping at once! I have just realized and I can't even remember how many are on their way to me, and I'm not sure I've got enclosures for them all! :-O I better get counting and get to work on this...

Not a question or anything, just felt the need to say something. Anyone ever run into this problem? lol
My order finger is quicker then my prepare finger. I always order then go "ok now i HAVE to go buy an enclosure" lol

Scar

Arachnosquire
Nice to see folks having some fun with their return! This is a nice dilemma to be in....

Boatman

Arachnosquire
I'm already spending my refund & I haven't gotten it back yet.

I need to buy some more shelves, too...

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel

I am currently running with that problem I always tell my self this is the last batch until I either get more room or some of my slings mm so I can send them off, but no suddenly I get some extra cash and the first thing on my mind is tarantulas. I am definitly a horder and will be known as the crazy spider man in my neighborhood

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I usually have enclosures for any species or size spider. So basically what i do is two things. If i know what size they are and what species, ill get something ready for them. If i am not quite certain of the sizes, ill wait until they arrive. Usually all i have to do is either a quick washing, and throwing coco fiber, plants, and water bowl in, or drill some holes, and finish the rest.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

It's a way of life for some of us. Our only saving grace is that shipped tarantulas seldom have to be unpacked immediately like canaries or tropical fish. If they have to stay in the package for an additional 24 to 48 hours they'll do just fine. It's like being hidden in the bottom of their burrows.

Of course, you're not going to be able to leave them in the package for anywhere near that long, are you? :biggrin:

Enjoy your little 8-legged world travelers!

Bugmom

Arachnolord
At least you didn't walk around all day Sunday with snakes in your purse lol

Blame Tapatalk + "smart" phone for the typos kthnx

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hehe...I ran into the "not enough enclosures" problem early on and now I make sure I always have at least deli size containers handy. I ususally grab those Glad container packs and I posted a sign in the lunch room at work that I was collecting all size peanut butter jars...lol that I keep on hand for the arboreals. Now I have a whole bag of them :) And co-workers come up to me with differing containers and ask If I can use them...lol. And anytime I'm at the dollar store I usually eye up something that will come in handy. Now I'm to the point I can't remember what all I have...lol. My problem now is organizing all of them into one place which I'm starting to do since I now have so many Ts that I have a separate T room. :)

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Yeah, I managed to scrounge up enough enclosures for them all without having to go buy more. I do however need to go through and write down the sizes of everything, to make sure the enclosures I've got are suitable. If not, it will definitely be emergency walmart trip time tomorrow!