Omythous schiodtei colour forms

Psubdusca

Arachnopeon
Just purchased a Malaysian earth tiger 6cm juvenile and he or she is a orange colour but has the right markings is this the species I think it is

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
There are no color forms I am aware of.
Post pics, if it's from a reputable seller, or just not from a shady one, I would trust their labeling.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got it from the spider shop inithe uk
Uhhhhh.... maybe I'm just not as well versed in these... but that does not look like a O. schioedtei... more like an obt from the black lipstick and blue shoes...

At 6cm, they start showing those adult colors...

boina

Lady of the mites
Well, they did not mess up the order but if you bought that as unsexed you did get cheated. As Kezy said, that's a male. O. schioedtei can be sexed by color alone from a very small size, and by 2" or 5 cm it's blindingly obvious. So they sent you an obvious male for an unsexed...

O. schioedtei also grow very fast - your spider will be mature in less than a year, maybe even in 6 months. You won't have it for very long...

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
thats her managed to coax it out
Probably penultimate judging by the look, bad practice passing off large males as unsexed. I hear lots of our members have had this same experience with the spider shop. I would hit them up and see if you can talk it out.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Well, they did not mess up the order but if you bought that as unsexed you did get cheated. As Kezy said, that's a male. O. schioedtei can be sexed by color alone from a very small size, and by 2" or 5 cm it's blindingly obvious. So they sent you an obvious male for an unsexed...

O. schioedtei also grow very fast - your spider will be mature in less than a year, maybe even in 6 months. You won't have it for very long...
How small?

cold blood

Staff member
Now I will say this....an MM of this species is something you shouldn't have trouble finding a female for...They tend to be sought after....at least here in the states.