OMG This is bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have read some of Smallera's posts lately and haven't seen behavior like this. Did he behave like Dawg is now? And if so, that'd be interesting. Because Smallera is what, in his early teens?
Yes, he used to act exactly like this. But he's beginning to calm down.. Oh, and smallara is 12..

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I don't believe anybody made him out to be like that. You have to realize how a person acts on here, is how they normally act anyway. I don't believe this is the first time he's ever gone off the deep end before. Just the first time on here.
Nope, you guys got exactly what you wanted i the first place... a n00b you could rip up one side and down the other for something no stupider than any of us have done at one point or another, who would react in such a way that made you feel justified in the treatment after all.

I'm just saying, it didn't have to go down like this. But, you know, congrats on having it go your way I guess... :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope, you guys got exactly what you wanted i the first place... a n00b you could rip up one side and down the other for something no stupider than any of us have done at one point or another, who would react in such a way that made you feel justified in the treatment after all.

I'm just saying, it didn't have to go down like this. But, you know, congrats on having it go your way I guess... :)
Look I don't want another pointless argument with you. I didn't have a certain way I wanted it to go, so your wrong saying it went my way. I would have much rather him just took the info and advice and accepted it and none of this even happen. And secondly, I don't try to rip noobs up one way and down the other, you can read my posts, I gave him the info he shouldve had, told him how to correct problems, and asked questions to clarify things. Ripping noobs might be on others agendas, but not mine. Regardless, I have stated my defense to your post and I hope it ends here with this, I don't want another ten pages of arguing.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Yeah your right about the ripping, although TBH with a small amount of reading this wouldn't of happened? I personally haven't made such a stupid mistake? This hobby is fairly solitary all the way through for the T's and for us

Spiral_Stairs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah your right about the ripping, although TBH with a small amount of reading this wouldn't of happened? I personally haven't made such a stupid mistake? This hobby is fairly solitary all the way through for the T's and for us
I for one, have never sat and watched one of my tarantulas eat another.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just curious.. Does going back & fourth about nonsence make anyone here feel... Macho?

The OP lost a spider.. OK.. It is his spider.. Be it he did his research or not.. HE lost a spider.. Who cares! It is his spider.. His money was spent on it.. His loss..

Stop with the personal attacks at each other.. Dang!

The OP is a newb.. OK.. He is not here spreading all kinds of wrong information about the hobby.. Is he? No! He made a mistake with his critters.. He is also sensitive & apparently not know how to take to simple criticism.. So what.. Ignore his posts.. Simple fix..

To the OP.. Grow some thicker skin.. People here are not on the boards to tell you what you want.. This is a public forum.. People are going to post THEIR opinion.. Weather you ask for it or not.. Might not be something you like to hear.. So.. If you dont like that? There is a very simple solution.. The ignore feature.. This site offers one.. ;) You can put anyone & everyone on ignore if you choose..

Sorry for your loss..

Have a good day.. :)

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dude kill it. You people are starting to make me sick. 1/2 an inch mistake. ANYONE can do it. And I guarantee those making videos, and I speak to RobC through Youtube by the way, have made mistakes. He's one who's gotten bit more than once, and he's been doing this for years and years. yet according to you elitist, he has no clue what he's doing.

Some of you are a joke seriously.
You act as if a 1/2" gap is excusable. Is it excusable that you didn't know the difference between an adult male and an ultimate male when you saw him "drumming"? How about not knowing the difference between a rosea and a LP? What about the styrofoam or plastic divider you have there? Are those all excusable too?

You see, there's a word for this. It's called "irresponsibility". You didn't do enough research, some of which was common sense, did a poor job at something, it ended in failure, and now you're not taking responsibility for it and getting mad at anyone who criticizes you.

Sometimes we have to swallow our pride and admit we did something stupid or were careless. It doesn't do you any good to avoid blame. In fact, it's just a bad way to go about things. So you made a dumb mistake, something that could've been avoided, as all of us do on occasion. Accept it, learn from it, and do better next time. Stop making excuses. This is how the learning process works. You've got this excellent source on Arachnoboards and valuable knowledge from some of the most experienced people in the hobby available to you for free. Take advantage of it. You're new to this, and there is NO room for arrogance here.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For craps sake, stop bringing this thread back to life!

WE GET IT! He made a mistake, we're all arseholes. That about sums it up, let this trainwreck die.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
You act as if a 1/2" gap is excusable. Is it excusable that you didn't know the difference between an adult male and an ultimate male when you saw him "drumming"? How about not knowing the difference between a rosea and a LP? What about the styrofoam or plastic divider you have there? Are those all excusable too?

You see, there's a word for this. It's called "irresponsibility". You didn't do enough research, some of which was common sense, did a poor job at something, it ended in failure, and now you're not taking responsibility for it and getting mad at anyone who criticizes you.

Sometimes we have to swallow our pride and admit we did something stupid or were careless. It doesn't do you any good to avoid blame. In fact, it's just a bad way to go about things. So you made a dumb mistake, something that could've been avoided, as all of us do on occasion. Accept it, learn from it, and do better next time. Stop making excuses. This is how the learning process works. You've got this excellent source on Arachnoboards and valuable knowledge from some of the most experienced people in the hobby available to you for free. Take advantage of it. You're new to this, and there is NO room for arrogance here.
Hi, welcome to yesterday. :rolleyes:

We all done here?

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Just to feel a part of something big and to bump this to the top again, I just want to say it has been a true experience and pleasure following this thread. I will leave my opinion of right or wrong to everyone else. I do want to say I enjoy the hell out of my Ts and I am grateful I didn't make this error. Long live the beat down.

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
This thread makes me sad. I consider myself to be an amateur and I would "never" make a divide in a glass aquarium that had a hole in it. You dont have to get expensive enclosures, but they should be seperate none the less. Even if you successfully construct a split enclosure, the odds are still against you when moving spiders, cleaning enclosures etc. etc.

I only read to the second page but felt I had to say something. Rosea bites are "nothing" to be afraid of. Tarantula bites for the most part aren't serious at all. Yea there are some species (Poec comes to mind) that can be more uncomfortable, but still not life threatening.

I have a B. Smithi adult that I would never be afraid of handling. In the situation described by the OP, I would have immediately intervened. If situations like these "scare" you then perhaps you should stick to fluffies with 4 legs instead of 8...

Nature-wise, the B. Smithi and Rosea are exactly the same. Docile and not very skitish or defensive at all. The bite would sting for... 5 minutes and then you would all the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.