OMG This is bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
I dont know what your trying to acomplish in your post other than to satisfy your own need to vent because people dont hug and kiss there tarantulas like you. Its equivelent to growing a flower or keeping a fish. I dont think anyone needs to be sad over a T they have had for a week. And any emotional attachment you have is great but dont push that philosophy onto people in the hobby. Its a feeble argument.
ahhh i really did not want anyone to respond to that but i feel the need to respond to your post

so if one of you tarantulas died you would not care? take some pictures and giggy at how dumb it looks? then just throw it away right?

i just really don't see how he can't even care

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I didn't need 50 posts attacking me telling me what I did wrong, after I told YOU what I did wrong. What I did ask for, which was NEVER answered, was how many of you can identify a 4 inch Salmon Pink, next to a 4 inch G. Rosea and honestly pick them apart? No one answered this. There are T's out there, when the same size, can be hard to identify on first glance.

That's all I asked. But Mister Internet did a great job, basically saying the same things I said when defending my own character to most of you.

Thanks
Welllll.... you're not innocent here. I think you know that. And I think you would do well to research more, and trial and error less. But, you know, suit yourself.

You, more than anything, were a convenient example of what's been going wrong with the general feel of this community lately, rather than a completely innocent n00b being completely unjustifiably picked on. I mean, you know you deserved a LITTLE bit of it, yeah?

More to come, I'm sure...

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
so if one of you tarantulas died you would not care? take some pictures and giggy at how dumb it looks? then just throw it away right?
Oh dear God, please don't tell me you do something with your tarantulas BESIDES throw them away when they die....

I'm really confused by your stance. You consider tarantulas "pets" to be "loved", yet you are insisting that his only emotion here should be sadness... shouldn't he also be proud of the tarantula that "won"? Because that's what tarantulas do, given half a chance? No? It only counts when it's all flowers and fuzzy-wuzzies? Thought so.

Again, he cares. Just... well, not as much as you. And I would guess at least 80% of keepers don't "care" as much as you do. And that's probably a good thing. We don't need a hobby full of people that can't understand these animals for what they actually are. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate them. I do. I've given THOUSANDS of hours of my own time, upaid, and freely, to help this community become what it has become over the past 8 years... I wouldn't bother if my only reason was to get my jollies lording some fake internet power over the users here. This is the internet, not real life, and God knows I've got better things to do with my time than play make believe.

I care. Just... not as much as you do. And I still think that's probably a good thing. ;)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
ahhh i really did not want anyone to respond to that but i feel the need to respond to your post

I am not saying i dont care about my Ts. But if my dog died i would trade my whole collection to have my dog back. Your idea is radical. You cant compare the emotional connection of a tarantula with that of a dog or cat. Dogs have feelings and thoughts. Bugs do not.

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
remember when you basically called me a hillbilly? then told me to get over it.

if not it was in the breastmilk thread.;)
If, at any point in my participation in this thread, you've found me saying anything remotely resembling "the OP is totally innocent of all charges and did nothing wrong", you'd be lying, because I haven't said that. Obviously, he did some things wrong. I was using the situation as a flashlight to try to show you all how ridiculous this board is becoming when it comes to handling these situations.

I mean, so what if EVERYTHING he did was wrong... how are you going to handle it? Put him through hell and if he comes through on the other side with his tail tucked appropriately between his legs, you'll help him out?

And you have a serious victim complex... you hear what you WANT to hear when people are talking about you. Fine, let's talk about the breastfeeding thread... I'll even included the actual quotes that people can click on the blue arrows and follow if they feel inclined. Let's be honest and tell people that you STARTED the thread with this gem... not mid-way through it or anything... you fired RIGHT off with it:

I know many women who breastfed, and not one needed to consult with someone. Breastfeeding isnt all that complicated to begin with.

There is a Breast, a nipple, and a baby. You can use pumps, store the milk, and watch what you eat/drink while doing so.

NOT THAT COMPLICATED.:?

Besides with the internet ANYONE can find ANYTHING OUT they want. Even youtube has breast feeding how too's.
Heh... someone who has never breastfed a baby in his life is convinced that it's "not that complicated". And below is the WORST I ever had to say about you in that thread:

Cody, after researching the geography and demographics of where you live, I'm going to excuse your insistent dismissiveness on this issue as one borne of your own inexperience in society at large. When you live where there are actually a lot of people, these types of problems end up being far more common than you are aware of. Just because your wife didn't have issues, and breastfeeding is passed on mother to daughter religiously out there in the sticks, doesn't mean it's not a needed service. What brand new mom sitting in a hospital bed do you know who has the energy and acumen to absorb a HOW-TO video on breastfeeding??
You then decided that what I had actually meant was some giant "hillbilly insult, cleverly disguised, and got all butt-hurt:

Well considering she is from ketucky. I would fair to say she is in the sticks just as well as i am. Hell i was raised in that neck of the "sticks" as you want to put it. I could see a big city having this service. but for us one toothed hillbilly folk out hur in the sticks. we dont have a demand for this. Now MAYBE and I mean MAYBE, if a woman went to school or got certified(whatever you need for the job) then they could possible work in the hospital kinda showing the women who do need it. But to just be an out of the house breast feeding consultant(which is the way i took her post) is a far cry from a "CAREER". especially only going 1 hour each way. Not sure if you know but in the "sticks" an hour dont get you to far. so lets say in an hour time HWY driving thats 55 miles. so your telling me she could start and keep a full time career in a 110 mile radius from were she is. in the sticks...ha.
And then I said this... yeah, reading it again I can see I'm being REALLY mean and insulting :rolleyes: :

Heh... ah. Well, if that's the way you took it, then you obviously had no idea what she was talking about and shouldn't have contributed at all. It's rarely useful to contribute long-winded diatribes on something you don't even remotely understand... and looks REALLY silly on you in the end.

So next time you encounter something that you don't know, try Google first instead of making up a meaning for it and railing away. It will cause a lot less misunderstandings.
So yeah... I can see where I'm being REALLY insensitive, insulting, and mean. Come on man, grow a thicker skin, it's the internet. Try listening to what people are ACTUALLY saying about you, and you might find they are being far less insulting than you think... you keep making up all this insult people are supposedly dealing you, and you're going to give yourself a heart attack...

But i suggest you look up the thread titled "grr...my tarantula wont eat a super worm"(or something like that) and you can see why i find this user to be rude and arrogant.

I wouldnt have said anymore on this thread, but being as my name was brought up I figured i would clear this up for you.

Cheers.
Wow... you think THIS:
If all you are wanting to do is fatten your tarantula up, feed her more roaches or crix. I highly doubt in the wild these spiders eat worms of any kind. just feed her what she will take.
I highly doubt they're caged up in the wild either. But on a more intelligent note, these are hunters. If they come across a slithering food opportunity they take it. That's like saying a Tarantula won't go after a snake, and we all know they will in a heartbeat if they feel they can take it.
...rude and arrogant? I have to repeat myself: read what people are actually saying. You're getting insulting and the strangest and most petty stuff...

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
ok i under stand you like you dog better but you would not be sad maybe even mad if a tarantula died and really MR. I that was disgusting really did not need to be said

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

"I don't know. I'm so sad about him"

"I'm still mad at her for eating my 1st T"

Pretty sure sad & mad are emotions? :? Which would show care?

I must be a bad person. I lost an Avic sling several days ago & just dumped it in the trash, haven't shed a tear yet. Also, I giggled a bit :8o It floated so lightly into the trash, kind of amused me.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Take things as you will Mr. I. , but I found your post in the breast thread rude and arrogant as well. That was MY take on it at the time of reading it.

Also, how is

"I highly doubt they're caged up in the wild either. But on a more intelligent note"

not rude? I gave him an honest answer.

he dismissed this saying "but on a more intelligent note" basically saying my response wasnt intelligent. which really kinda pissed me off considering the content of his post...again...common sense and a little research would have told him feeding more crickets, or roaches would also fatten the T up...probably better than superworms.

I have thick skin, Im still here arent I? I will stand up for myself.

And this kind of stuf has been going on around Ab for the 2 years I have been a member. This is nothing new....just different players in the ball park.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@codykrr,

Lol this has become the hybrid thread all over again, except this time it's not us arguing with each other.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Understandable.......

Regarding the "holes" in your original post, I wasn't criticizing you as much as I was making the point that you can find "holes" in just about anything that someone says, if that's the sort of person that you want to be.

Example:

The fact that your spider went through the gap and then "came back to his side" indicates that there was probably more than enough time to intervene. The statement that the new spider "jumped" with "pinpoint" accuracy is a little suspicious, since rosies are practically blind, and they aren't at all known for a dependable aerial attack. They can't actually "jump"; their legs aren't designed that way.

Now, I could rip you a new one for these two things not being perfectly logical, or I could try to understand how they could have happened. I can understand that you froze in suspense when you saw your Rosie climb to the top of its wall and go over the divider, and that it might have taken a minute to go grab something you felt was adequate to fix the unforseen problem. I can also see how the larger tarantula lunged at the smaller one, which you perceived as a "jump".
Trust me you couldn't. I've never EVER been known as a liar. And at 38 and well respected in many states, if you knew me personally you wouldn't either. When I tell you I turned and she leaped from her from the top of the enclosure onto him, and they tumbled and she ended up on top, this is EXACTLY what I mean with pinpoint accuracy of what happened. I practically leaped at the enclosure and yelled "NO SHE GOT HIM!!" and scared my wife from her nap.

Now if you want to call it lunging from the top of the enclosure, onto him at the bottom of the enclosure that's fine. I called it leaping. We're being silly to be honest to debate something that trivial. Either way, the action was what it was. And like I said, people have to learn to be more expansive when the time is in need of it.

What YOU may do with your tarantula, another may not. For example: A young man on Youtube showed how well he handles his OBT. People were bashing him on Youtube for it, as stupid as that sounds. Yet he did exceptionally well with his. And explained WHY he feels it rears up, which made 100% sense to me. Yet others couldn't comprehend his view, even though it was plain to see.

My reaction and actions to just JUMP in the tank and grab or handle the Rosea, is what bothers some people, but in that instance, with him determined to mate, could've easily gotten me bit. And since I don't handle them to begin with, I wasn't gonna do so then either.

So I know you aren't coming at me, I just want to clarify to you that in that circumstance, my actions were gonna be what they were, no matter HOW long deal with T's or not. I will never place myself in a position to get bitten by a spider. Or get stung by a wasp. etc etc Once it got to a certain point it was simply beyond my control. And the key word there, is MY control. Others would've jumped right in the tank.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
ok yea im gone but i still think it sad that no one even cares about there pets

p.s did you not ready the post lol shes a beast and wana see a pic of her over kis frail body?

really sad

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Welllll.... you're not innocent here. I think you know that. And I think you would do well to research more, and trial and error less. But, you know, suit yourself.

You, more than anything, were a convenient example of what's been going wrong with the general feel of this community lately, rather than a completely innocent n00b being completely unjustifiably picked on. I mean, you know you deserved a LITTLE bit of it, yeah?

More to come, I'm sure...
Mister Internet, the answer to your question is NO. I let 3 adults read this entire thread, and you people have no idea how bad and immature this has looked. Off an initial post that asked for none of it. You yourself said it was personal attacks. I didn't try to mate my T's. It happend, he got eaten. It's apart of the life of spiders.

I can be just as spiteful and ridiculous to ANYONE on these Boards who's attempted to mate their T's and the male ended up getting eaten. I can call them all kinds of idiots and stupid and noob this or that. I don't because I'm beyond that. It's apart of the life of a T.

I will say this one more time. And one FINAL time. A 1/2 inch opening, I had no idea a 4.5" inch tarantula would sueeze through it. And quite frankly 1/2 inch is being generous honestly. I should measure it and take a photo to make a point. That's called *error* in judgement and it ended up being a mating attempt of 2 perfectly adult Tarantulas, and ended up in what happens naturally.

So once again, NO I didn't deserve it. It should be clear to see.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Dawgpound, how do you know it was a mature male?
At this point common sense I guess. Explain to me why a Juvie or Sling at 4.5 inches would be so determined to perform a mating ritual with a 5 inch female that's 2x his bulk? I mean are you really serious asking me this right now?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At this point common sense I guess. Explain to me why a Juvie or Sling at 4.5 inches would be so determined to perform a mating ritual with a 5 inch female that's 2x his bulk? I mean are you really serious asking me this right now?
Yes I am because you can tell a mature male apart from a female 100% any time. There are two things on a mature male that make it distinguishable. Let me correct you by saying that when we say mature, we mean ultimate male. It's at it's last stage of life. So we are not just talking about an adult male. Do you know what an ultimate male is? And the two things on one to know that it is an ultimate male? A male tarantula can ONLY breed when it is an ultimate male.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Yes I am because you can tell a mature male apart from a female 100% any time. There are two things on a mature male that make it distinguishable. Let me correct you by saying that when we say mature, we mean ultimate male. It's at it's last stage of life. So we are not just talking about an adult male. Do you know what an ultimate male is? And the two things on one to know that it is an ultimate male? A male tarantula can ONLY breed when it is an ultimate male.
But you haven't answered my question. I said explain to me why he would venture into her side of the enclosure. Mind you *spiders are supposed to be blind* so obviously he sensed a female.

2nd. Explain him entering her territory, and tapping against the glass and divider. This alerted me that I DID have a male at first, because i knew for a fact I had just purchased a female Rosea.

So once you've read these facts, you might answer your own questions rather than try and grill me on something trivial at this point. I also read on these boards in the (Sexing Your T) thread about the underside of the male not being as wide as the females. And when I bought her, i could relate to that aspect from having read about it. When i got home and looked at his it wasn't as wide as hers.

No all this ultimate male stuff, and adult male you're talking about is irrelevant. He made all the advances, and did the tap dance as a male would do. So with these facts, and adding what you just said, he's an ADULT male. Or ULTIMATE male as you say.

A female, entering another females territory, is not going to present mating taps. Period. Or an introduction as he did.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Ok I was definately wrong again like I suspected. It was a 1/4 inch opening. The top of the enclosure has two openings 1/4 inch gap, and the middle is not open. Anyone that has 10 gallon tanks know what I speak of. And the divider was just at the edge of the 1/4th inch gap.

So with that said, having a 4 1/2" inch tarantula, and a 5" incher I just assumed no way they squeeze through that, and boy was I wrong and in a heartbeat. That's the only error here was my misjudging the gap and his potential of getting through it to his destination. Further investigation proved she COULD NOT get through the opening from sheer bulk.

So there ya have it. An entire thread of attacks, ridicule, and arguing over 1/4th of an inch gap that allowed 1 Tarantula to attempt a mating, and he died.

Lord help us all when I get slings, and they somehow squeeze through a needle hole that they need for air. All the threads I've read of slings escaping I can just imagine the suicide of all T lovers if I post it on these Boards.

sheesh louise! :embarrassed:

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
But you haven't answered my question. I said explain to me why he would venture into her side of the enclosure. Mind you *spiders are supposed to be blind* so obviously he sensed a female.
Yes, they have bad eyesight, but Your T was SCOPING OUT It's HOME.
They climb glass, and of course they will climb the styrofoam to see what's up, Thus him finding the opening- Again something you should have known from the begining.

2nd. Explain him entering her territory, and tapping against the glass and divider. This alerted me that I DID have a male at first, because i knew for a fact I had just purchased a female Rosea.
Not only males do the "dance" or tapping.
I have immitated tapping on my Female G.rosea's enclosure, and she responderd...TO ME. And for the past few days, has been Tapping even when I wasnt, LOOKING FOR A MATE.

So once you've read these facts, you might answer your own questions rather than try and grill me on something trivial at this point.
No all this ultimate male stuff, and adult male you're talking about is irrelevant. He made all the advances, and did the tap dance as a male would do. So with these facts, and adding what you just said, he's an ADULT male. Or ULTIMATE male as you say.
Did he have hooks? did he have spermathacae (SP?)

A female, entering another females territory, is not going to present mating taps. Period. Or an introduction as he did.
That may be true, but Have you ever PERSONALLY witnessed the mating taps of a T? Could it have just been adjusting it's legs? or giving the other T a Warming? yes, it could have been.

I have made the mistake of putting 2 FEMALES in the same tank before- and they Went at it. One would have been munched on if I hadent acted fast and seperated them- Because I beleived I had a male. That was before what I knew now.

You say all these things like you KNOW what you're talking about.
Putting the word "fact" in every sentence doesnt do anything for you, because you do NOT OBVIOUSLy know these facts, as we can all tell with your posts.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
on a side note-

I've witnessed my Rosea JUMP off of my hand onto a nearby shelf. Literally JUMP. It wasnt a fall. Freaked me out LOL.

DawgPoundSound

Arachnopeon
Wachusaynoob, I know what they do. I had him and observed him closely for 3 weeks. He NEVER and I mean NEVER climbed his enclosure which was a 5 gallon enclosure. He was very inactive and hardly ate and I was worried about him. He would rarely pace his enclosure, only sit in a few spots here and there not wanting to be bothered.

There was a cricket on his side of the tank at the top of the enclosure. I thought he was after the cricket. he wasn't. He tapped the cricket (literally) out of the way, and made his way OVER the top.

Now on the otherhand, at the pet store when I bought the big girl, she was in an enclosure of woodchip bedding, and sitting about 12-16 inches at the top of her enclosure dangerously. Which is another reason I bought her. But when I got her in her new home she hasn't climbed yet either, not has the smaller Rosea I bought the day before.

They have paced, webbed a little, sat out in the open and made it known that they are comfortable. So I disagree with your take on him simply exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.