Omg so exciting! Watching a molt happen live!

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Been watching Wednesday getting up to "mischief" all evening. She built herself a little hammock earlier and rested. for a couple of hours.

Now, I'm literally watching her push herself from her old skin, it's amazing!

Sorry I made a thread for this! But IT'S SO EXCITING watching it live!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Been watching Wednesday getting up to "mischief" all evening. She built herself a little hammock earlier and rested. for a couple of hours.

Now, I'm literally watching her push herself from her old skin, it's amazing!

Sorry I made a thread for this! But IT'S SO EXCITING watching it live!

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yep, never gets old. :)

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Yep, never gets old. :)
This is my first time doing it. Previously, she's done it during the night. So, I've woken up to one T, standing next to a shell of a T lol

It’s always exciting, and nervous at the same time.
Exciting, oh yes! Once I've seen this wonder, I need to figure out how to fish the old shell out tho. She's doing it right where it's tricky to reach hahaha!

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Majority of my tarantulas would throw out their old skin out of their burrow on their own. Just wait for it.
This is the difference between being awake and asleep during these events lol. When I've woken up, I've found the "second T" out in the open. As you can imagine, not an issue. However, I'm watching it happen in her "lair", so was a little nervious. Thank you for putting my mind at ease on the fact that she'll be taking the trash out when she's done lol

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
This is my first time doing it. Previously, she's done it during the night. So, I've woken up to one T, standing next to a shell of a T lol

Exciting, oh yes! Once I've seen this wonder, I need to figure out how to fish the old shell out tho. She's doing it right where it's tricky to reach hahaha!
My last molt took 18+ hours a big phampho . I couldn’t watch it all , just a few minutes.
So awesome to watch a full molt tho . Need a chair in the basement!!!

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t be at all sorry for posting about something like this. I find one of the best things about AB is not only sharing info and photos, but also our excitement about our specimens. I think that excitement demonstrates a genuine care. Enjoy!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congratulations on seeing your first molt! :D It is such an amazing process that never, ever loses its ability to fascinate regardless of how many times you witness it!

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
Waiting for my two slings too molt and I am hoping that I can too watch ..but I always miss it lol

Minty

@londontarantulas
I'd love to have the time to sit and watch a full moult.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'd love to have the time to sit and watch a full moult.
Who doesn't have the time?!

Friend: Want to hang out?
Me: Can't, sorry... tarantula is molting!

Me: Sorry, I cannot come into work today... family emergency. *settles in to watch a molt*

Minty

@londontarantulas
Who doesn't have the time?!

Friend: Want to hang out?
Me: Can't, sorry... tarantula is molting!

Me: Sorry, I cannot come into work today... family emergency. *settles in to watch a molt*
I also wish I had friends! :rofl:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
This is probably the only place, other than maybe an expo, where people will actually get excited with you.
I’m a member of some other wildlife sites due to my interest in birds of prey, particularly owls, and whales (I try to diversify). Consequently, I find folks who are interested in living creatures much more intense in their zeal. You have to be extremely interested in something if you are willing to risk being bitten, punctured with a talon, envenomated, stand in or walk for miles in the rain, fly and/or boat thousands of miles (I live in Central Florida, but write this from Alaska), and spend a lot of cash to merely be in close proximity of creation. Material interests, of which I have some, all pale in comparison.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I also wish I had friends! :rofl:
... I actually made those both up. I don't have friends and I don't have a "normal" job (I'm a dog trainer/handler) :rofl: BUT if I did... that's what would happen haha

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Her colours are very vibrant now. Her stripes look amazing, and she even has blue toes!!!

I really wanted to grab her molt this morning and take a few photos. Alas, she ate it through the night! lmao!

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
... I actually made those both up. I don't have friends and I don't have a "normal" job (I'm a dog trainer/handler) :rofl: BUT if I did... that's what would happen haha
Working with dogs would be great, mine makes me laugh every day.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really wanted to grab her molt this morning and take a few photos. Alas, she ate it through the night! lmao!
What a brat! I have been lucky... I don't have many molt destroyers.

Working with dogs would be great, mine makes me laugh every day.
Dogs are great... It's the working with their owners bit that tests my patience LOL I much prefer working with my oen dogs, but unfortunately no one pays me for that aspect haha