Answered Okay, who edited my response, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Not on its own, no.

There are two ways to see a "Last edited by a moderator" notification on a post:
  1. A staff member edited the actual content. (I always include an explanation if I do this.) You may also get an Alert if this occurs.
  2. A staff member used the "merge posts" feature. This does not change any content; all it does is merge two consecutive posts into one. This feature is used for consecutive replies by the same user that are posted on the same day. (There is no box for an explanation when merging posts, so you won't get a reason.) This does not result in an Alert.
Thank you.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Well, if it is the forum software they should fix it.
Less glib answer: the forum software is something Arachnoboards purchases a license to use, and Arachnoboards can't modify it.
Snerk snerk. Pandora's box. You do not want to go there. Even if a person was fully competent in PHP and had full permission to edit the software, you have a couple of things called modules and dependencies. XenForo offers a significant amount of flexibility with a library of add ons available, and even a framework where licensees can write their own add ons. But every change, modification or addition has to be compatible with all other modules and the overall framework. To simplify, tossing some modification into the works at random without taking into account compatibility with other modules and dependencies that rely on certain parameters .... naww, you really don't want to go there. As Buckaroo said, "No no no! Don't touch that. You never know what it may be attached to." :eek:
https://www.jetbrains.com/help/phpstorm/module-dependency-diagram.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.