OK enclosure for Psalmopoeus?

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Getting an irminia and cambridgei tomorrow and I want to check that my homemade enclosures are okay.
20170814_221212.jpg

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Id slant that cork bark a tad bit more and you should be good to go. Those holes look a little big though, but i guess that depends on the size of the slings.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Love a P cambri!
I am guessing those are 32 oz deli cups.
How large are the slings? (those vent holes look a bit big - hence my asking and it could just be the pix. Should be okay as long as carapace can't fit through).
Otherwise, I think the setups looks pretty good.
Mine burrowed as a sling -- so the substrate level should be well appreciated by new slings.

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
Love a P cambri!
I am guessing those are 32 oz deli cups.
How large are the slings? (those vent holes look a bit big - hence my asking and it could just be the pix. Should be okay as long as carapace can't fit through).
Otherwise, I think the setups looks pretty good.
Mine burrowed as a sling -- so the substrate level should be well appreciated by new slings.
1.5-2" slings I hope the holes aren't too big I can't exactly make them smaller. I'll see tomorrow when I get my slings and if they are too big I'll just get new deli cups

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
1.5-2" slings I hope the holes aren't too big I can't exactly make them smaller. I'll see tomorrow when I get my slings and if they are too big I'll just get new deli cups
At that size -- I shouldn't be concerned at all!

Just didn't know if these were going to be tiny little <1" slings.

Excited for you and the new arrivals! :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Looks good, can't see if you have a water dish or not but I'd bung in a coke bottle cap if you can fit one anywhere, they'll probably burrow a bit and build web tubes/dirt curtains up behind the cork bark

Daesu

Arachnopeon
Pretty much the exact same set i have my P. cambridgei in, it's very new but seems to be doing fine.

Conna

Arachnopeon
Looks good to me. :happy: I have the Irminia and she digs a small burrow at the base of the cork bark.

Last edited: