1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh no it dead...?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Campi95, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Campi95

Campi95 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    14B999EB-393C-4F96-9637-AD000AD29950.jpeg

Well no, not really :p

But this is definitely one of the most dramatic molt poses I’ve seen from Peter Parker. He usually molts in his little cave, away from prying eyes, in the middle of the night.

Not this time. 1pm, middle of its enclosure. No warning (had a cricket yesterday), and made his little web bed in a hurry too. Looking at the size of the abdomen, I like to think he realized halfway through his last cricket that his exoskeleton felt a bit tight.

Wish him luck. Can’t wait to see him after he gains that exciting 1/16th of an inch :shifty:

G. Pulchripes are such slow growers...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

Dramatic molt position huh...looks fine and dandy to me. :rolleyes: ;)

Just wait till you catch one of your specimens halfway through an upright molt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Campi95

Campi95 Arachnosquire

I am yet to have one of those in my collection. I am 100% sure I will proceed to scream a couple octaves higher than I should once I do.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. athlete96

athlete96 Arachnosquire

I don't appreciate this clickbait :shifty:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  5. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Here's the weirdest molt pose I've ever found.. Screenshot_20170821-230039.png

• Like Like x 2
  6. Campi95

Campi95 Arachnosquire

Looks like it’s doing yoga :coldfeet:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I had an avic molt on top of her driftwood stick and fall down onto the floor of enclosure. She's dead Jim. It was ok though, I felt bad for that poor spider, hardly ate looked like it had a bad molt in the past and not very active.

• Sad Sad x 1