Oh man i wish i could have gotten that on video!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just dropped a pretty sizable roach in with my P. rufilata, and wondered if it would be able to take down said roach. Well it was hiding in its web when i dropped the roach in, and then the roach started burrowing into the substrate as soon as it went in. So i was thinking oh crap, im never going to get this stupid roach back out! Well what do you know, out comes the P. rufilata and lunges right on top of where the roach burrowed. It sat there for a minute and was feeling the roach moving under the substrate. In all but a split second it started digging (looked like a dog looking for its buried bone), grabbed the roach, dragged it back into the web and now all i can hear is crunch crunch crunch lol.

I have never seen any T do that before, it was pretty amazing to watch. It also gave me a little bit of a heads up on just how fast these guys are! :clap:

-Nate

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Our adult male T. blondi will dig for roaches as well, he seems to enjoy it.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our adult male T. blondi will dig for roaches as well, he seems to enjoy it.
Isnt it cool to watch? Its kinda amazing how they do it. I kinda got a chuckle watching it. Then later i seen it hanging from the cork bark trying to take down the roach and it was still struggling lol. I am sure that it succeeded though. I am gonna have to break down and buy me some more pokies. P. miranda, P. subfusca, P. fasciata, and P. regalis are definately on my list :D!

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea im still trying to figure out how to work the video camera. We got one for christmas and i just have not taken the time to play with it yet.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had my rosie do that with a mealworm once. Definitely one of the coolest things I've seen one of my Ts do!

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my p. irminia does this as well. sometimes when something gets next to its webbing. it will hesitate on going up and around. but usually it just says screw it! and just tears threw all its webbing haha and grabbs it!