Ogre-faced babies (Deinopis spec.)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In the hobby?
i would be most surprised if no one keeps them. you might have to put out feelers and wait a while

i know the local bug ppl around me keep damn near every interesting bug we find. try to figure out husbandry and what not.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Caco,

If you happen to know where in Florida they're located, I'll be willing to volunteer for the hunting expedition! I have a few friends around here who would be more than willing to accompany me so I'm sure we would find something.

We did the Vagans trip a few years back and got 11 nice females.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Caco,

If you happen to know where in Florida they're located, I'll be willing to volunteer for the hunting expedition! I have a few friends around here who would be more than willing to accompany me so I'm sure we would find something.

We did the Vagans trip a few years back and got 11 nice females.
very cool man!

i will see about my local group's interest (i expect a few ppl (our "true spider folks") will definitely be interested. perhaps we can exchange local species. i am currently searching for a sub/social true spider to start a massive colony cage. Anelosimus analyticus. we also have all kinds of other crazy stuff here :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I used to live in Cali, up till I was 7. I don't remember much about the insects and arachnids there, so yeah, trading is always cool!

Here's a link I found...looks like (by other research) they are in Martin County on the east coast of Florida. I'm on the West Coast, so it'll be at least a 5-hour trip and most likely an overnight stay. Well worth it though if we find some!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/7/21/213529/286

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I used to live in Cali, up till I was 7. I don't remember much about the insects and arachnids there, so yeah, trading is always cool!

Here's a link I found...looks like (by other research) they are in Martin County on the east coast of Florida. I'm on the West Coast, so it'll be at least a 5-hour trip and most likely an overnight stay. Well worth it though if we find some!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/7/21/213529/286
from what little i have read, these are probably going to be difficult to find, even in range. i would definitely wait until we have some actual locality info to go off of

i'm going to add my research to this thread here http://scabies.myfreeforum.org/about672.html

Benegg

Arachnopeon
Hi,
last year i kept one of this great genus, it was a male and he died at his second maturation moult:-(
Here is a foto of it when he was juvenil:

Looking forward to keep them again and hoply breed them;-)

cu, Benedict

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
These are some crazy looking spiders. I could stare at the pictures all day! :clap: :eek:

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice photos Yareus! Are these WC females? They look kinda sub/adult, maybe gravid?! Would be cool. :)
Greets,

Yareus

Arachnopeon
Thx Blaster! She isn't WC. I think it's sub/adult. I just have this female, she isn't gravid.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol! Only on an bug hobby forum can you see a thread titled "Ogre-faced babies" and get excited. {D

Blaster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, if she's really not WC, then the sac is infertile (unless we have a parthenogenetic species here, hehe). And Your spider is probably adult by now. ;-) Hey, the sac looks cool anyways.
Cheers,