Official Rose Hair (G. Rosea) Tarantula Fan Forum

shypoet

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks female to me.

Awesome pics people!!! I'll go along and dole out a couple pics of my own. One rosie is plenty enough. She can be a bit of a b*tch at times, but is easily handled. Not the prettiest T in my collection, however, she is the most beloved one.

she is cute :)

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RE rap and hip-hop (I'll generalize them if I want :p), they are wildly successful and blatantly glorify the butchering of proper English. Short, oversimplified phrases and slurred words catch the short attention span of young people more today, and it helps that every other word is some form of connotation for sex. I would go as far as to say that the genre has butchered music, because in music it's the rhythm and melody that most catches your attention, and the horrible grammar *cough* xsyorra *cough* ;) of the lyrics is picked up in turn by the brain. Only nerds and geeks care about using proper grammar and having a multisyllabic vocabulary.

Huey Lewis and the News had it right- it's hip to be square. :D

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, it is.;) That song will be in my head for days, so thank you. Really, truly and honestly, i only get to listen to my '80's music when Mr. Gone is well, gone.:p

Not sure how this thread has morphed into a music discussion, but i don't like hip-hop or rap(except some oldies, but goodies). Gimmee some Modest Mouse and i am a happy camper.:D

shypoet

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, it is.;) That song will be in my head for days, so thank you. Really, truly and honestly, i only get to listen to my '80's music when Mr. Gone is well, gone.:p

Not sure how this thread has morphed into a music discussion, but i don't like hip-hop or rap(except some oldies, but goodies). Gimmee some Modest Mouse and i am a happy camper.:D
well, since we have moved on to the subject of music for now, I will say that one band I like to listen to is demon hunter. I like some rap, but mostly metal.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I really hope that was intentional...
Oh good crap!!!! :wall: That, my friend was an honest typo.....or rather an ironic oversight. The keyboard on my POS laptop has a habit of picking-and-choosing which keys will and will not work at any given moment. Usually, I'll comb my posts to make sure....but this time both the keyboard and my ignorance provided a great set of jokes at my expense. :p

While we're on this discussion: Anybody ever see that Mike Judge film, "Idiocracy?" That's exactly how I feel about Pop-Culture. Personally, aside from the Classical, and occasionally the Oldies station, I do not listen to the radio. I got sick of hearing songs about some bad relationship, or a tragically-hopeful love interest, or songs degrading women, or songs that just plain did not make sense. I never liked any song promoting disrespect to one's elders, least of all your parents, nor do I really care to hear songs about how bad your life sucks, has sucked, or will blow in the near future.

There is good music out there. You just have to look a bit harder, get out of the mainstream mindset, and you will find it. 'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

(BTW: Musically, I'm a proud, but extremely open-minded, and quite ecclectic Metalhead.)

Last edited:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I completely agree with this post. All I have to really add to this is - Get out of my head!! :D ;)

Actually, one other thing. If you want a completely honest, and hilarious, outlook on rap/r&b music you should get ahold of Chris Rock's stand-up routine "Never Scared" from 2004. At around 8 minutes in he starts talking about Rap music. Funniest thing I've heard in a while yet so true.

RE rap and hip-hop (I'll generalize them if I want :p), they are wildly successful and blatantly glorify the butchering of proper English. Short, oversimplified phrases and slurred words catch the short attention span of young people more today, and it helps that every other word is some form of connotation for sex. I would go as far as to say that the genre has butchered music, because in music it's the rhythm and melody that most catches your attention, and the horrible grammar *cough* xsyorra *cough* ;) of the lyrics is picked up in turn by the brain. Only nerds and geeks care about using proper grammar and having a multisyllabic vocabulary.

Last edited:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I whole-heartedly believe that that movie (Idiocracy) is what will happen in the distant (maybe not so distant) future.

Oh good crap!!!! :wall: That, my friend was an honest typo.....or rather an ironic oversight. The keyboard on my POS laptop has a habit of picking-and-choosing which keys will and will not work at any given moment. Usually, I'll comb my posts to make sure....but this time both the keyboard and my ignorance provided a great set of jokes at my expense. :p

While we're on this discussion: Anybody ever see that Mike Judge film, "Idiocracy?" That's exactly how I feel about Pop-Culture. Personally, aside from the Classical, and occasionally the Oldies station, I do not listen to the radio. I got sick of hearing songs about some bad relationship, or a tragically-hopeful love interest, or songs degrading women, or songs that just plain did not make sense. I never liked any song promoting disrespect to one's elders, least of all your parents, nor do I really care to hear songs about how bad your life sucks, has sucked, or will blow in the near future.

There is good music out there. You just have to look a bit harder, get out of the mainstream mindset, and you will find it. 'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

(BTW: Musically, I'm a proud, but extremely open-minded, and quite ecclectic Metalhead.)

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I whole-heartedly believe that that movie (Idiocracy) is what will happen in the distant (maybe not so distant) future.
It already is happening.

It boggles my mind when i see kids riding a bike and texting, or walking in a big group and all them are texting. We don't even HAVE a cell, but our daughter's 8 year old friend does..............

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Must be my week for Rosie molts :D

The last of my six G. rosea that I haven't sexed yet is on her back this morning. If it turns out to be a male he has five potential dates waiting for him :rolleyes:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lucky boy (maybe ;)). I mated the male I had recently with an RCF female and two normal females and all three are getting very very plump. What was I thinking?! haha

Oh well, I know where I can unload literally hundreds of slings for about a buck each most likely so I'll be fine. If not, they'll co-habitate until the strongest of them whittle down the ranks to a manageable level. :)

The last of my six G. rosea that I haven't sexed yet is on her back this morning. If it turns out to be a male he has five potential dates waiting for him :rolleyes:

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as this is one of two that looked "maleish".

Of course, I thought the one that just molted and is pictured above looked male too :rolleyes:

shypoet

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

That's great!

Ours is a pet rock. She rarely moves, and stays on top of her hideout for now.

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

i didnt get on last night maybe tonight beautiful:) photos from everyone especially the stretching terrestrial just like hexd said thats a hard shot to get!!!:clap: :clap:

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

good job to everyone who follows the thread. this thread is good, everyone has beautiful G. roseas.:clap:

OCTAVIA

Arachnopeon
hexd mate if u dont like it then dont post simple and its a fugure of speak and some sarcasm bud and who cares about long posts and tbh i dont care what you have to say even though all u ever have to say to me is just rude like give me break for once like !!!!!
To add to the "Holy Run on" can you say "SPELL CHECK"? What is the school system putting out these days? OMG!!!

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
To add to the "Holy Run on" can you say "SPELL CHECK"? What is the school system putting out these days? OMG!!!
Give it a rest will you.....this is a spider forum by the way.
What are you doing here anyway......do have any spiders or know anything about spiders or are you just trying to look smart?If you are are,you are failing by the way ?
Go back to checking spelling mistakes or whatever it is you do.