Official Rose Hair (G. Rosea) Tarantula Fan Forum

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is a thread for fans of Rose Hair Tarantulas. Or people who need help:confused: with one. These Tarantulas are good because both expert and begginer T owners will be happy{D with this pet. It will become a good companion and can be handled with ease (not recommended to be handled:embarrassed: ). In one week i lost my fear:eek: of spiders (15 years!!!) by catching a small orb weaver:) . And then buying and now handling a REAL Tarantula:) . This Tarantula is HIGHLY recommended unless you want something to cuddle big no no dont sleep with your T:evil: . Please Post:cool:

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A real fan would have spelled "rosea" with a lowercase 'r'.

heh. Just kidding.

Very good beginner T to teach a newcomer to the hobby the basics of NW terrestrial care. Behaviours can be quite odd at times too. :)

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I dont know about the being easy to handle part. Mine is sure an ornery butt, have to keep yourself away from her and her container at all times.

But they are ok, for a furry pet rock{D

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

your right about weird behavior mine drags its but while eating and walks weird while eating and about your agressive rose hair it is probably a female which are more aggressive so i would say be careful but if you do try to handle it it warns before it bites so its easy to avoid a bite but if you handle it the T will become more used to you but can become more stressed depending on how you handle it so try it but you dont have to its not really recommended for the tarantula but give her some extra food and water if not enough that should make become her less stressed:) :)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
your right about weird behavior mine drags its but while eating and walks weird while eating and about your agressive rose hair it is probably a female which are more aggressive so i would say be careful but if you do try to handle it it warns before it bites so its easy to avoid a bite but if you handle it the T will become more used to you but can become more stressed depending on how you handle it so try it but you dont have to its not really recommended for the tarantula but give her some extra food and water if not enough that should make become her less stressed:) :)
Holy run-on sentence.

I stopped halfway through because I can't read stuff like that. Sorry.

What I did read though...

your right about weird behavior mine...walks weird while eating
That's not weird. Most species do it.

How long have you been in the hobby, myles?

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah everyone will agree there rosea act's totaly diffrent to everyone els's mine when i got my first T she was calm i was able to handle her after she molted she just turned nasty attacking everything from water to just opening the cage dor but my otherone just eats like horse and never moves :p but i would sell them for the world even the most experianced hobby owners have one so dont say u dont love ur G.rosea's

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah everyone will agree there rosea act's totaly diffrent to everyone els's mine when i got my first T she was calm i was able to handle her after she molted she just turned nasty attacking everything from water to just opening the cage dor but my otherone just eats like horse and never moves :p but i would sell them for the world even the most experianced hobby owners have one so dont say u dont love ur G.rosea's
Holy run-on sentence again! :}

But who would sell you the world for a couple G. rosea? :?

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hexd mate if u dont like it then dont post simple and its a fugure of speak and some sarcasm bud and who cares about long posts and tbh i dont care what you have to say even though all u ever have to say to me is just rude like give me break for once like !!!!!

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Typically, G. rosea is a docile species but I've seen some that are evil. Especially females tending to sacs, become very aggressive.

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well hopeing to mate both my females soon so i guess ill have to get prepared thanks for the heads man {D

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey

they love there babies. and anyways hexd is right. its a habitit to write run ons so just listen to what he has to say. everyone writes run ons.:)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep. G. rosea are a cool lot. I have three and they have 3 dramatically different attitudes. My big old (ooold) female is a true bump-on-a-log. If you try to scoot her or pick her up she just holds on and resists until she decides she's had enough and kicks up a cloud. The smaller normal phase is fairly amenable to handling, is usually hungry and somewhat 'interactive' as much as a tarantula can be, anyway. Then there's my sub-adult WC red phase... She is a little beeyatch. Threat posture all the time, hair kicking, water dish wrasslin', paintbrush bitin'... you name it.

Some people say they're not such great starters because they're unpredictable. I agree but on the other hand, most tarantulas are fairly unpredictable so it is in a way a more accurate start than a total cuddlebug like a curly or a chaco. And yes, sometimes rosies can be sweet too... just not all the time.

Edit: and yes folks, run-on sentence (pararaphs even) are very hard to read. It gives me a headache. If you want your posts to be read and responded to it is in your interest to try and insert a little bit of punctuation. But whatever... I don't care, I just won't read them.

night4now

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No sac...

Typically, G. rosea is a docile species but I've seen some that are evil. Especially females tending to sacs, become very aggressive.
I was wondering if perhaps lack of some, errr, I meant one was what was making her ornery... But yeah: Cute little (non touchable) furry pet rock:}

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey hexd i tried to send you a pm. but anyways ive been in this hobby for about 2 weeks. short but am taking notes on the tarantula. so i can fully understand this hobby. ive had so many hobbies but this is one i will stick with. FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

myles756

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i will post a picture of my rose hair as soon as i can. probably tonite because i am using a school computer but tonite i will go home and post him/her in this thread or 2morrow

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hexd mate if u dont like it then dont post
If you write posts as difficult to read as this, most people will just ignore them, because they don't want to have to do what i have done with your post.

and its a fugure of speak and some sarcasm bud
and who cares about long posts
No one cares about long posts, we care about grammar and communicating. When you say everything in one long sentence like this, it is a headache to read/ decipher.(not mentioning typos) In fact i had to quote you, then come in and divide everything up into separate thoughts, just to get a handle on what you were trying to say........

and tbh i dont care what you have to say even though all u ever have to say to me is just rude
It isn't rude to point out that your posts are hard to read, it is constructive criticism.

like give me break for once like !!!!!
i will if you can, like, give us a break from the run-on sentences and overuse of the word 'and'.......;) :D

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I would rather watch paint dry than get a rosea......sorry but they are boring.....I will not have one but friends (why) have them.
paul

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well to be honest im glad you brought it up like that because its a much better way to bring the point across to me,I dont mean to do it just its habit ill try to correct myself in furture post.