1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official H arizonensis thread

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by pandinus, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Hentzi

Hentzi Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    The Hadrurus and Smeringurus are very easy to tell apart theirs a huge difference in them for 1 the Smeringurus has a slender tail and is straw yellow color, unlike the Hadrurus which has a meaner tail and is a caramel color apart from the pallidus morph, also body structure is completely different.

2. rasputin

rasputin Arachnodemon Old Timer

Yes, even Hellen Keller can identify the two species.

3. Jerks like you make me wish I was not even in this hobby. :rolleyes:

4. Gracilis

Gracilis Arachnoknight

LOL gotta love elitist mentality

5. Its not needed here trust me. From time to time we will get newb and newb like questions.

6. Malystryx

Malystryx Arachnopeon Active Member

Hello! I am trying to set up my h arizonensis habitat. I have 100 pounds of playsand and 10 pounds of excavator clay from a pet store. I am trying to figure out how I go about making a 70/30 mixture. I don't even know what that means nor do I know how to do it properly. I really want to get his habitat set up so I can go buy a scorpion. Can someone please tell me how I go about making about 4-5 inches of mixture for him in my tank so he can burrow?? Like, do I just pour sand in the tank, and then the clay, then add water and mix it all up?? How much do I put of each? I am not good at math or ratios and stuff so like I assume I use a cooking measuring cup but like how do I make 70/30? Please help me!!!!

7. Wishorama

Wishorama Arachnopeon

Hi Malystryx. Did you get it sorted out? I just noticed your question and wanted to respond. For mine, I did a mixture test by mixing three different ratios of sand to clay. Then I wet them and balled them up and allowed them to dry for a few days. Afterwards I dug into them with my finger to judge if it held its shape but wasn’t too hard to dig into. I don’t recall the exact amount but I found I needed far less clay than people usually say to use. My scorpion has made elaborate tunnels and they are working fine.