1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd behavior

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Snakewoman, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Rhino1

Rhino1 Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    Awesome, well if she is comfortable enough to sit out in the open then you must be doing a good job.

2. Snakewoman

Snakewoman Arachnopeon

Oh tyvm I'm glad to hear that! Yep all I see now are her claws poking out from under the rock. It was so cool to be able to see her like that. Now I know there's nothing to worry about when she does that.:)

3. THR

THR Arachnosquire

Scorpions go out and stay in open areas means they feel safe about the environment. And sometimes you can see they sleep outside with their chelicera and pedipals streched.
    fc147612ac88c8f48ba5507962d96444b8e9c971.jpg

4. Snakewoman

Snakewoman Arachnopeon

5. Mslinger

Mslinger Arachnosquire Active Member

I didn’t want to make a new thread, but I have 3 adult H. Petersii in a 30g long terrarium. 1 male 2 female.
    The male has been chasing the female around the tank and wrestling hard with her. She attacks him when he corners her and frankly afraid for him being injured. I thought about removing him, I can hear him getting smacked up against the glass and the clattering of they’re carapaces and pinchers. I can hear the hard scraping of the pinchers On shell.
    I don’t want to remove him if he’s just trying to mate with her...but it doesn’t look like mating from mating behavior I have seen before on film. I hope he’s ok when I get home tonight. Any suggestions here?

6. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    Basically, what Dry Desert said. btw I have some massive CB adults and confirmed for myself they can live communally. It didn't go well when I first tried it years ago but heard some had success with it. I had enough to try it without worrying about it, I put 3 together with no problems.

7. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnobaron Active Member

UK
    Remove Her, they have probably mated already and you have not witnessed it. Now she doesn't want any more attention from him. Keeping communally is fine until a situation like this arises

8. Mslinger

Mslinger Arachnosquire Active Member

Thanks, he seems to be leaving her alone now. He has sustained some damage unfortunately, she’s fine.
    He has claw marks on his pedipalps
    And the area around his eyes seem to be discolored some. But he acts fine.
    She seems to be constantly on the move when things settle down. Looking for a way out, after I have stopped bugging them. I’ll remove her soon. Once she comes out, ran and hid from me.