Odd behavior from G.Iherengi

TexasPokie

Arachnopeon
I recieved a G. Iherengi as a freebie it's about 1.5 inches. I've had it about a month and it was eating normally then stopped. Hes seemed sluggish for a few weeks but still moved around a fair bit so am sure it's in premolt. I noticed it hadn't moved in 3 days so I opened the enclosure and nudged it a little it was fairly unresponsive moving very little. I'm hoping this is normal but never had a T act quite like this and a little concerned something is wrong. Hopefully it will molt in the next few days and I'll feel better.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
How are you giving it water? A photo of the spider would help determine what might be wrong, but going off of your description, it sounds like it might be dehydrated.

TexasPokie

Arachnopeon
Has a milk cap full all the time but never seen it drinking moved him over and put his pedipalps over the edge and used an eyedropper to fill it to where it made contact. His legs are in semi death curl

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
All you can do is try to get it to drink but sometimes slings under the 2” mark just don’t make it. Hundreds of spiderlings are born in the wild but only a handful survive into adulthood. In captivity weak spiders survive longer than they do in the wild but ultimately there will be some with weak genetics that just don’t make it.