Obtaining True Spiders

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Hey true spider folks,

I currently have only T's in my collection, but am thinking seriously about starting to keep some true spiders. I live in Central Florida so obtaining several different specimens outside is no problem whatsoever. However, just doing a cursory search on various seller sites seems to result in very limited variety. I particularly would like to obtain some Viridasius Fasciatus slings (what a cool looking spider!). So, are there any particular "go to" places for you aficionados?

Thanks in advance.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
FB Group "Arachnids - Classifieds" has a lot of true spiders. Like Cassiusstein mentioned above, Tom and Nick sell every now and then. I've bought from both and they're great.

Bugsincyberspace, jurassicpetsupplies, swiftsinverts, and kenthebugguy occasionally have true spiders for sale.

Last edited:

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
wolf spiders are great true spiders. go out at nigh paut a flashlight up to your forehead walk twards the glestining green lights and boom you got a wolfer

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
wolf spiders are great true spiders. go out at nigh paut a flashlight up to your forehead walk twards the glestining green lights and boom you got a wolfer
I appreciate the response. The only thing regarding wolf spiders is that I don't need to go find them. As I stated above, I live in Central Florida, on a lakefront, my house is an enclosure for wolf spiders whether I like it or not. Before I got into the hobby I didn't realize anyone liked them, as around here they are viewed as a nuisance. There was actually an article in a local newspaper last year due to residents complaining. It's not unusual at all to have females run across the floor hauling egg sacks. Some of these specimens are a good four inches DLS. It's wolf spider mecca.