OBT sling pre-moult?

milkytokes

Arachnopeon
Hey i literally just got this obt sling and i am wondering if anyone can show me a picture of what a 1in OBT sling would look like going into pre-moult? i know he/she would stop eating maybe close the burrow and the abdomen would go darker but this lil guy is ALWAYS in his burrow and i very rarely see it super shy so like im wondering if anyone can show a pic just to make it easier for me to indentify when that would be happening?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It’s abdomen wont darken.

As a sling a fat shiny abdomen is a good indicator.

boina

Lady of the mites
but this lil guy is ALWAYS in his burrow and i very rarely see it super shy
You got a sling of a burrowing species that is known to be super shy as slings and then it burrows and is super shy... what did you expect??

the abdomen would go darker
No, it wouldn't. As Kezy said, it may get shiny but that is difficult to see unless you have plenty of experience.

what a 1in OBT sling would look like going into pre-moult
Otherwise it looks like any other sling any other day.

milkytokes

Arachnopeon
im not surprised on how its behaving at all but it would make it alot easier if i could tell when it was in pre molt so i was wondering if there was an easy way to tell also because i rarely get to see it

It’s abdomen wont darken.

As a sling a fat shiny abdomen is a good indicator.
ooh ok!

You got a sling of a burrowing species that is known to be super shy as slings and then it burrows and is super shy... what did you expect??

No, it wouldn't. As Kezy said, it may get shiny but that is difficult to see unless you have plenty of experience.

Otherwise it looks like any other sling any other day.
so what would i look out for in a sling then? just refusing food?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
The only way I indicate a sling is pre moult is from refusing to eat and their lack of climbing