obt sling for third t

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
I just ordered obt sling for third tarantula...IV had 2 for almost a year..one was a sling now 3.5 a curly hair and a 4.5 aphonepalmo chalcodes IV had for a year..any advise on keeping obt and raising them ..watering and feeding with out bite or excape..lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
They are very easy to care for. Just offer those inches of substrate and eventually they would burrow.

Watering? If there's room inside for a little water dish, put one. That's the 'watering' you need.

Almost bulletproof eight legged. They grow like weed.

As for (quote) "and feeding with out bite or excape..lol" I can't help, man. Just always careful.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Was going to say don't, but obviously to late for that. Use a bigger enclosure, so you have room to react. Also smaller enclosure usually make for a more defensive t. Plenty of substrate for burrowing, but also a hide. The more safe it feels in the enclosure the less likely that it attacks. Put the spider enclosure in a bigger container before you open it. Don't try manipulate it,use catch cup. God luck

Jason B

Arachnosquire
You just need to prepare yourself for the speed this spider can move in regards to the species you currently have. Because its a pretty big jump, like horse and buggy to a jet. When you go to unpack it try using the bathtub method plug all drains, towels under bathroom door. I remember my first 'fast ow' unpacking. Spent 25 minutes chasing a 3 inch P regalis around my living room. As far as feeding without bites or escapes only open the enclosure as much as you need. And I would invest in some tongs 10-12 inches if you don't have any.

As charlie said give them a bigger enclosure then normally, less need for rehousing and with room to burrow and a hide it would hopefully make one area its "hide" and not the entire enclosure. Always remember this spider can move faster then you can react.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Speak to it nicely, and make sure you handle at least twice a day to tame it arealllll good. It'll be mint.

:troll:

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I was really worried about being able handle mine and it was my 25th T (NOT in the hold it sense!). I put it in its enclosure with taller walls then normal. It dug a hole and I have not seen it since. Food goes in and is gone the next morning. That's the only way I know its alive.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
See I don't get the title of the thread.. "Obt sling for third T" as if to incite a riot.. Makes me think :troll:.

Why not a title like " I need some care tips for my New P.murinus? With a title like that you would get much more detailed and serious responces.

If it is a troll post I'm taking some of your trophy points and a few licks off of your post count for a lack of originality.
Seriously it's not even a mediocre attempt.

If you really need advice. Well its simple set it up terrestrial with deep sub, keep it dry, give it a hide and a water dish , feed it crickets weekly and rehouse it in the bath tub because they are defensive as hell and faster than you.

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
They are very easy to care for. Just offer those inches of substrate and eventually they would burrow.

Watering? If there's room inside for a little water dish, put one. That's the 'watering' you need.

Almost bulletproof eight legged. They grow like weed.

As for (quote) "and feeding with out bite or excape..lol" I can't help, man. Just always careful.

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
You just need to prepare yourself for the speed this spider can move in regards to the species you currently have. Because its a pretty big jump, like horse and buggy to a jet. When you go to unpack it try using the bathtub method plug all drains, towels under bathroom door. I remember my first 'fast ow' unpacking. Spent 25 minutes chasing a 3 inch P regalis around my living room. As far as feeding without bites or escapes only open the enclosure as much as you need. And I would invest in some tongs 10-12 inches if you don't have any.

As charlie said give them a bigger enclosure then normally, less need for rehousing and with room to burrow and a hide it would hopefully make one area its "hide" and not the entire enclosure. Always remember this spider can move faster then you can react.

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
Cool...thank you..I have a 4 inch square container set up 5 inches tall I stuck a plastic leaf for it to web on ...does it need a water dish at .75 or just keep substrate damp till it gets bigger...thanks man forvthe advise...

mephisto13

Arachnosquire
See I don't get the title of the thread.. "Obt sling for third T" as if to incite a riot.. Makes me think :troll:.

Why not a title like " I need some care tips for my New P.murinus? With a title like that you would get much more detailed and serious responces.

If it is a troll post I'm taking some of your trophy points and a few licks off of your post count for a lack of originality.
Seriously it's not even a mediocre attempt.

If you really need advice. Well its simple set it up terrestrial with deep sub, keep it dry, give it a hide and a water dish , feed it crickets weekly and rehouse it in the bath tub because they are defensive as hell and faster than you.
Yeah ok what ever I was just making fun of my own impulsiveness ..who can resist the most aggressive spider...I'm probly not ready but I really like them..the speed the aggressiveness ...its not a troll post ..what ever that is ...any way thanks for your advise...I'm serious about my tarantulas and want to care for them as best as I can....

kmhvmh

Arachnopeon
I have a mature female or almost mature. I have her in a 5.5 gallon and made a hide out of sticks. throw a water dish in and water it once or twice a week and throw plenty of anchor points in for it to web up. or you can throw nothing in there and they will make their own house out of webs

Jason B

Arachnosquire
Cool...thank you..I have a 4 inch square container set up 5 inches tall I stuck a plastic leaf for it to web on ...does it need a water dish at .75 or just keep substrate damp till it gets bigger...thanks man forvthe advise...
I'd put a small cap in as a water bowl, this is a species that likes it dry no reason to moisten the substrate.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah ok what ever I was just making fun of my own impulsiveness ..who can resist the most aggressive spider...I'm probly not ready but I really like them..the speed the aggressiveness ...its not a troll post ..what ever that is ...any way thanks for your advise...I'm serious about my tarantulas and want to care for them as best as I can....
I'm sorry my man but 'OBT' level of defensiveness while remain higher is IMO a bit overrated and covered by a nice curtain of 'Myth'.

Stromatopelma calceatum and certain genus Selenocosmia are worst, for my views.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
That's the thing. You are a new keeper and you got one of the most notoriously defensive tarantulas out their. Getting bit is always a real possibility when dealing with any Tarantula, specially any Baboon Tarantula. That being said be sure to listen to the suggestions and be careful.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
That's the thing. You are a new keeper and you got one of the most notoriously defensive tarantulas out their. Getting bit is always a real possibility when dealing with any Tarantula, specially any Baboon Tarantula. That being said be sure to listen to the suggestions and be careful.
A thing that may sound pretty bizarre but IMO true is that the beginners under the 'OBT' rapture (a classic, ah ah) shouldn't buy a sling like they always do, but directly a sexed female.

Doing this they wouldn't keep to re-house/cage upgrade what's probably is the best grower Theraphosidae ever but, instead, put said female in her final enclosure where, if given a nice hide and lots of inches of substrate, she will remain 9 out of 10 :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
With that said they ('OBT') are of lovely. Here the "butt" of my baby before disappearing into her home :kiss:

thumbnail_20170426_195227.jpg

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Fair enough, Sorry man.We get alot of new comers trying to get people all stirred by basically saying I'm a newer keeper and I just got an obt.

Enjoy your murinus they are beautiful Ts.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I hope you have taken this into account....
And this:
If yes, congrats on your new demon.
If no, good luck...
:D