1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBT on the way out. RIP

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by AudreyElizabeth, Feb 14, 2011.

1. AudreyElizabeth

AudreyElizabeth Arachnodemon Old Timer

Advertisement
    I just found my very first tarantula, a female Pterinochilus murinus in a death curl. I got her as a juvie in February of '03. I'm not sure what the cause of death could be besides old age. She has been refusing food the past couple of months. I thought she was gearing up for another molt, but I guess not. I've had her longer than I've even known my husband. I noticed some weight loss, and she has been listless for the past couple of weeks.

2. That's too bad, I just lost my obt as well:( R.I.P Ezra

3. Jacobchinarian

Jacobchinarian Arachnoknight

It's always sad to lose a spider. :(

4. Vespula

Vespula Arachnodemon

I'm sorry for your loss. :( It's sad to lose a friend. :(

5. AudreyElizabeth

AudreyElizabeth Arachnodemon Old Timer

Thanks you all. I thought maybe she would live a little longer than this, I've never been able to get a definite life span for the P. murinus. She is in ICU right now. The weight loss is quite shocking, compared to two days ago even. She looks like a wasted MM.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Totally unresponsive now.

6. Did you get a good look at the mouth yet? Could be something making it hard to feed.

Whatever it is, I hope for the best.