OBT Mating Dance

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently paired my MM and new received MF P, mirinus. It was amazing how confident my male was and how submissive the new female I got was. The photos aren't great but did get to see the male make many insertions due to their positioning.

One curious thing I noted that I had not seen before in mating my other species. The male did this rapid action palp thing on her underside before making his insertions. It looked like drumming, but right on her? Others seen this before?

Last edited:

vbrooke

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Syd! I didn't see the same thing exactly, but instead I saw the male gently caressing her entire underside before inserting. I was so shocked to see them really into each other. I had heard about OBT's being gentle, but he was sure sweet talking her. Congrats!!:D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks all. Sparty, you sold me one SOFT (Yes, I stroked her bum when she arrived!) absolutely gorgeous and GENTLE girl for my Orange Boy Toy. Though you've shown me the pics of her threat posture she hasn't even THOUGHT of giving me one. Ahhh, love.

And yes, Vbrooke, they really are gentle with each other!

I DO hope she gives me a nice sac too, TL. You'll all hear me cheering when she does!

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the "Love Connection" ! :clap: Hope you get a viable sac from that pairing. My female is getting bigger, (but I don't think mature yet) but my local petshop has a flaming orange P. Murinus that looks male to me and for $20.00 I'm thinking-why not. I'll either find her Prince Charming for a night of some hot romance, or she gets a twenty dollar Happy Meal...sounds like a win/win, for her anyway~:D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You won't be sorry SNAFU, they are fantastic to watch. Mine are so absorbed with each other they don't even notice me prodding them to be in the right tank. And if "Mars" drops a sac I will love seeing all that mass or orange!