O,B.T'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
It's common sense to delete it, it sends the wrong message to all who read it, well those who don't know the dangers of an OBT.
I think everyone could just start posting their OBT horror stories on this thread and affectively remind all who don't know better that OBTs are, IN FACT, crazy little demon spawns not meant for the novice or irresponsible keeper. I think enough people expressing how crazy they can be with personal examples would be enough to make those who are interested in them put more thought into whether they're ready or not.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I actually don't think it's a troll. The dude put his entire address in his location (under the profile picture). I think he's simply horribly misguided - both in tarantulas and internet security.

@AphonopelmaTX, you may want to edit his location... or better yet, @Iron Palm Dan may want to remove it himself.
So this is the one guy you believe?! :rofl:

Honestly I think some one is just bored at work.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Your post is the synthesis of the disgrace, the apex... the apotheosis of crap and I love that.

I can't give you an 'award' rating because I don't have anymore that option but you have my blessing, Iron Palm Dam.

Please don't consider those that disagree with you and keep up your activities with P. murinus.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
This is the first time I've ever seen the facepalm rating. I didn't even know it existed. Apparently, there are things that are just so utterly retarded that Arachnoboards makes up a new rating for it.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's a terrible post but it serves its purpose. No one who reads these comments is going to get the wrong idea. The best way to get the right answer is to first post the wrong answer.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Your post is the synthesis of the disgrace, the apex... the apotheosis of crap and I love that.

I can't give you an 'award' rating because I don't have anymore that option but you have my blessing, Iron Palm Dam.

Please don't consider those that disagree with you and keep up your activities with P. murinus.
You're back!?! Say it isn't so. No, don't say that. My day has been made.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Date of the post that started this threat: June 26, 2017
Iron Palm Dan was last seen: Jun 26, 2017

I think that Iron Palm Dan was either so shocked by all the negative reactions that he was too ashamed to return to this forum, or he is not so interested in the outcome of the discussion because he is a troll. Either way, I think it is useless to respond to his post because he is not reading it.

Dan has not been bit due to his iron palms.
Hmm...maybe we are on to something. I have different theory. Too many face-palms with an iron palm may have led to irrational behavior like handling a OBT.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
You can get mellow OW's and insane ones. I had an H gigas that was very mellow and I wouldn't hesitate to pick her up. Others you can't even look at without the threat posture. Frankly if you made it through the early stages unbitten, you begin to know your tarantula and its signs. At a certain point, I'd be more worried about her falling. I have friends that have no issues holding certain Pokies. I wouldn't do it, but they have no issue. They know the risks, but are absolutely confident. I think confidence is key and the lack of confidence spells doom.
Heck there are those that demonize the OBT, but would venture into holding a S. deehanni (centipede). Yeah you can tame them. It just takes one bite to permanently alter that train of thought.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon

I think that Iron Palm Dan was either so shocked by all the negative reactions that he was too ashamed to return to this forum, or he is not so interested in the outcome of the discussion because he is a troll. Either way, I think it is useless to respond to his post because he is not reading it.
Lol I didn't even realize that. I think you're right.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire

Chris!!! You're back! You have been missed, please stay :)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Not really, there was quite a few responses on this thread that I'm sure the readers will also see.
Yeah now that the thread has some common sensed responses regarding the husbandry involved when owning an O.B.T. Then yes your right it will let others see how ridiculous the OP's statement was in the first place.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince

Either that or he's in recovery from the inevitable....

mconnachan

Arachnoprince

I think that Iron Palm Dan was either so shocked by all the negative reactions that he was too ashamed to return to this forum, or he is not so interested in the outcome of the discussion because he is a troll. Either way, I think it is useless to respond to his post because he is not reading
A coincidence....mmm....either that or he's in recovery from the inevitable....either way the thread has had the opposite desired effect....common sensed members, I applaud all of your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.