1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nyan’s crazy socal rock flipping adventures!

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by NYAN, Jun 22, 2018.

1. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    I read an article awhile back that stated SP rattlesnakes were becoming more common in SoCal while other rattlesnake species were becoming rarer. The article stated the reason was due to SP's being less likely to rattle than other rattlers - making them less likely to be found and killed by humans. Tried to find the article to link it but had no luck.

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA

That’s interesting. All we have here are southern Pacific’s. I’ve never seen any other species personally, despite spending time in Mojave, speckled, sidewinder and diamondback range.

The southern Pacifics I see also don’t really rattle. Anyway, people generally suck I’ve decided because of this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnobaron Active Member

The ironic thing that was mentioned in the article was that southern Pacific’s are among the most highly venomous of rattlesnake species, so by killing the less venomous species humans were increasing the danger to themselves.

• Informative Informative x 1