1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Nother New Pede - Few Pics

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by HairyCelt, Mar 28, 2012.

1. HairyCelt

HairyCelt Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Having had my S.hardwickei for a month or so, I thought I'd have a go with one of the East Asian bad-boys and took delivery of a 6" specimen of S.subsinipes (Vietnam).

What a powerful creature! and totally different in attitude to the hardwickei...

I can see why there's been little change over the past 420 million years or so.

c4.jpg
    c2.jpg
    c3.jpg

2. axle37

axle37 Arachnosquire

very nice pictures and an even better pede

3. Greenjewls

Greenjewls Arachnobaron Old Timer

Yeah, great macro shot! Nice looking 'pede, don't you just want to pet it?

4. stingray

stingray Arachnobaron

Yeah I will get another big one of those this summer for sure. Love them. I know there is a yellow leg, orange leg, and a red leg vietnamese. But yours sorta looks like a flame leg vietnamese if there is such a one.

5. HairyCelt

HairyCelt Arachnosquire

Cheers - my girlfriend got me a cracking 90mm macro lens for Christmas. The macro shot's a high crop of the third photo.

Yes, yes, yes, oh my dear God yes, but luckily (despite many years of abuse) I've managed to retain the Sense area of my brain. Either that or I'm just a big, if unpleasantly hairy, girl........ :D

6. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

It sure does. I think they hail from Thailand/Myanmar. Nice pick up, wherever they're from.