Not so flightless fruit flies

NYAN

Arachnoking
Hi everyone, currently I have about a dozen latrodectus Hesperus slings I am raising plus more slings of various species on the way. As many know, very young slings eat fruit flies. As many may also know, it can be hair tearing out frustrating feeding them. The stupid flies have wings more often than not, and when I want to feed them half a dozen sometimes more come out at once. How do you all feed fruit flies effectively? I tap the lid so they aren’t all at the top and I never open it all the way either which seems to help.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Most people around here will tell you they aren’t nutritious and don’t use them. I can’t confirm or deny. I have a mix of adult, juvie and slings so i use either cut up superworms for the little ones or I’ll pull the legs off crickets for the slings and give the juvies and adults the legless crickets.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Most people around here will tell you they aren’t nutritious and don’t use them. I can’t confirm or deny. I have a mix of adult, juvie and slings so i use either cut up superworms for the little ones or I’ll pull the legs off crickets for the slings and give the juvies and adults the legless crickets.
Yes I’ve read this also. However I’ve had my widows molt at least once or twice eating them so far in about 2 weeks. I haven’t tried the cricket legs actually yet, maybe I will.