Not dead after all

Scorpusvonpork

Arachnosquire
The other day outside the burrow of my two dictators there was a severed claw. Like the whole claw. Not molted looking but the finished black color. There was a scrap of dried up meat looking stuff at the hacked off point. I was pretty sad. I figured I had waited a tad too long to feed the pair and somebody cannibalized the other. So I've been feeling awful about this for about a week. I knew the bigger one was ok because I saw his claws out when he was hunting the crickets I put in there. The burrow is super long and it took them a couple of months to build it so I didn't want to dig up the thing and try to find the remains of the eaten one. The whole time I've been thinking how bad I am at keeping them alive. But I thought it was weird because I have raised then from pinhead size to pretty big three inch porkers and the entire time I haven't seen any thing but total devotion from them to eachother. They have spent literally their entire lives within two inches of eachother and were a super snuggly pair. So my wife and I were super upset because they reminded us of us and how we are like that. And my wife cried. It's 1am and I am sick with some kind of cough and I got up to take medicine. Whenever I'm up for whatever reason at those hours I always sneak over to the tank and shine the UV penlight in. To my delight, they are both alive! And totally intact! No missing claws, no cannibalism, no idea what the heck that claw is all about that I saved. I'm going to look at it again in the morning light, but I'm stoked to be able to tell my wife!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a weird mystery. My dictators do very well together. But if there are two adults raised separate and from different broods(apparently), there can be a fight to the death, no friendly pinching going on. I put a male in with a female that I now suspected was gravid, she grabbed him, crushed him immediately and ate him.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Superrrr weird. Random scorp pedipalp from the heavens? I’m curious haha.