1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

Northwest Invertebrates (www.northwestinverts.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by ArachnoPapa, Mar 23, 2004.

1. frtysxan2

frtysxan2 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    If you make no effort to get what you want than why make an effort to slander someones reputable business? Some people make me sick!

About 9 months ago I ordered from NWI and there was a mix up in the shipping and dean contacted me before I even received the order. He was very apologetic and assured me that in the many years dealing in the invert business he had never made a mistake like this. For my trouble he sent me 3 or 4 freebies that totaled around $75! everything came in nice and healthy and bigger than expected. He has my business in the future.

Thanks Dean!

2. Wednesday

Wednesday Arachnopeon

I'm not even going to respond to the flamer..

I did however email NWI several times, and up untill today had never heard back from Dean. We also called the number on the website and never heard back. That is due dilligence on my part and when you've gone 2 weeks and not heard a thing, you start to get nervous that your money was thrown away. Email can be a b*#ch and I realize it doesn't always go through. I never had anything bounce back and Dean says he never had anything bounce back. But we did phone so why no call back I wonder?

I'm willing to work through this although as this was a gift, it's ending kind of on a downer right now.

3. Miss Bianca

Miss Bianca Arachnoprince

A plus

Great customer sservice and very responsible seller-breeder. Highly recommend.

4. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

New buyer

well, i originally ordered a guyana pinktoe, and not doing my homework 1st, found out it was aboreal, and i just have a terrestrial set-up. i ordered it 1/2/09. and figured it was dean's only free time, did not call over the weekend. but monday, it was sent, i have not gotten it yet, cuz this is still monday. but, i had a question about keeping the aboreal,( was looking for an excuse to get a cage from tarantulacages.com anyway), but about keeping it in a terrestrial set-up for a while, and unlike some of these other sites (which i wont name), he didnt just give a one-word answer, or just not answer at all. he gave a great detailed answer, at least to me it was. now i feel better about getting an aboreal tarantula. but, he anwered me, it seemed like not even an hour after i sent the question. i did try to send him an e-mail to try and change to a usambara, but he didnt get it, aint his fault, e-mails are kinda screwed up anyway. something that i have read that what bad they have to say about nwinverts, fail to realize, or even think about. that if somebody duznt answer u, it may be cuz they didnt get it to start with. but, anyways, this was an overall great experience. and will for sure, if i decide to get another, get it from here for sure

5. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

got him today...

well i got my pinktoe today. he's a cute little booger. he arrived fine. except the post office did their usual. they crushed the box. but dean put some napkins in the tube he came in, so he wasnt hurt. even started a web in it. and he included some substrate with it. that was a overall a really cool deal. i just shoulda knew better than to think the post office was actually guna deliver something unharmed. musta been asking a lot. but, as for the package I live in Tucson, AZ. was sent monday, and i got it wednesday. it was well packed, and the little container he came in had some napkins in it, to keep him from bouncing around, and found him in there. so, am guna order from nw inverts if/when i decide to get another. its my first one, so wana see how i do with it first.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  6. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

just got another pkg from NW today! An OBT sling. Dont know how cold it is in Oregon right now. Been using priority mail. And, this one was perfectly fine, too. P.O. didnt even crush the box this time. And, think I'm guna have a handfull w/ this one. Went to put it in the container I made for it, it jumped out, ran a few laps. Threw in a cricket, 2 seconds later, it was munchin. But, the packing was very well done... Again! So, it kinda figures Im just ordering from NW. Got both of mine from there. I've thought about other places. But, just havent. Just guna stay w/ NW.

7. K73SK

K73SK Arachnopeon

Positive.

I tried getting an order form him yesterday. He sent an e-mail today notifying me that the tarantula I ordered (A. Versicolor) was out of stock. He said he will be getting some in about two weeks, and if I want I can get two for the price of one. Unfortunately, I do not have room for a second one, so I told him I'll accept just one.

But for the offer and quick notification, I have to leave positive feedback. I'm sure most sellers would just tell me I have to wait two weeks or get a refund. :]

8. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

He just got a new shipment in. But, always have a habit of starting to order one, then change my mind, and add more over the weekend. But, since i already paid for the shipping, he changes it so i dont pay it twice. Last weekend, I started out ordering one, and it turned into 4. This week, I got 3 comin. Im glad he's patient, as well as helpful. I can never make my mind up. Everything I've gotten has always been well packed, so I can nenver say anything bad. Got 8 T's total (so far). All from NWI.

9. patrick86

patrick86 Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive All The Way!!

Just finished a trade with Dean and I'm doing the happy dance! No hassle, no haggle. He made me a most generous offer and I jumped right on it. T's arrived when he said perfectly packaged. A most righteous dude! Thanks Dean!

10. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

just got 3 more wednesday. got 3 OBT slings. each was bigger than the other. the last was about 1.25", and the others around .75"-1". they all came fine, once again. and now that he has new ones, i gota get some more. soon as i figure out which i want. but he is really easy to get along with. sometimes i order on weekends, then want to add more, and he sets the shipping to free shipping, so i can add T's, since I already paid shipping. So, its no wonder why he's been the only one I deal with.

11. DavidE721

DavidE721 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Northwest Invertebrates--A Fantastic Dealer!

Hello,

I just received a female Gray Orange Rust Rump (Aphonopelma 'Malai') from Dean, and she is beautiful! (Docile too!) Although I ordered a 2.5-inch spider because of the cost, Dean sent a larger spider instead as a bonus. The 10% Arachnoboards savings is great as well.

A few months ago I purchased a female Flagstaff Orange (Aphonopelma sp.), and she too is a very nice-looking, calm spider.

The packaging is superb. The spiders are packaged in a smaller box that is, in turn, placed in a larger box so as to provide them with more protection.

Northwest Invertebrates is a top-notch seller, hands down! :)

12. JNG

JNG Arachnoknight

I just got a 5" female OBT from Dean. And, a B. Smithi, as a freebie. Was all well packed. And, the OBT is still hyper. Just got a Tarantulacage.com cage for it. And has webbed like crazy in it. Have gotten all the T's that I have from Dean. And, will continue to do so. About 10-12 so far. I quit counting.

13. Miss Bianca

Miss Bianca Arachnoprince

SUPER DEALER!

ALL-AROUND POSITIVE!

Dean is a very responsible dealer/breeder and I'd recommend him to anyone.
    Thank you again Dean for a positive transaction.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  14. 4tec84

4tec84 Arachnosquire

Positive

Had a great experience buying from NWI. Received a beautiful healthy T, packaging could not be any better!! :clap:

15. maxxx

maxxx Arachnopeon

NYC
    postive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POSTIVE just recieved sling in the best condition , very happy with the deal I got, well packed and great communication . Thanks again :D

16. Giantsfan24

Giantsfan24 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Just sold Dean a MM A. versicolor. I could not ship so he arranged a local pick up and it went without a hitch. He's a great guy and I hope he enjoys the versi.

17. raleigh19

raleigh19 Arachnopeon

POSITIVE!! Just got 3 B. Smithi this morning. Can't get any happier with the service. Awesome packing and healthy spiders. Thank you Dean... I'll buy from you again....

18. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

Positive! Bought my B. smithi female from him a month ago and it came quickly and in good health. A little pricey, but it's hard to find female smithi slings, so I can't complain. :)

19. sabrefan_28

sabrefan_28 Arachnopeon

NW Inverts

Dean sold me an OBT spiderling. AWESOME!! Well packaged, shipped when promised, even included some free roaches. I had some questions which dean promptly answered. Overall an excellent buying experience, Thanks!!

20. Sunset

Sunset Arachnoknight

female mexcian red knee

I just got my Mexican red knee. I was scared because did the two to three day shipping i was afraid that she well not be alive when i got her but when i got her i picked her up and put her in her new cage but she didn't want to leave my finger. Thanks again for the lovely T. Well do business with him again.