North Carolina (Appalachians or close) Polydesmida

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Hello,

Before anyone says this should be in classifieds, I would prefer not to buy anything if possible. However, I would like to make a trade with someone in North Carolina for a few specimens of their polydesmida. They are beyond beautiful and I just don’t have the means to make the 11 hour drive down there at the moment. I live in MA, which doesn’t have a wide selection of strikingly beautiful millipedes, but we still have one abundant flat millipede and a few species of isopods. If you aren’t interested in anything from MA, I’d still like to figure something out because I’d like to do some of my own research on them and compare them to local species. I am aware that it would probably be easier to buy them, but I have some bills that are out of my control so I really can’t afford much. If anyone is interested at all who lives near or in North Carolina, let me know!

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
You can post a "for trade" ad in the classifieds, just so you know.
Ye, I just thought it would be more personable if I could hear some feedback here. It was more of a question than a request, since I wanted people to know my overall situation. Thanks anyway though :)

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Its only 11 hours away? Sounds reasonable I am about 1 day and 12 hours drive from there. Would love some polydesmids myself :troll:

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Its only 11 hours away? Sounds reasonable I am about 1 day and 12 hours drive from there. Would love some polydesmids myself :troll:
Ye, except I have a foot injury that's going to put me out of driving for the next year or so.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Sadly, your'e out of season, these guys are out late spring (breeding season) to early fall. After that there pretty much out for hibernation deep in the earth. I live in North Carolina, and almost everything is going into hibernation. The temps are dropping at a steady rate here. It's dropping from about mid 70's to low 70's going into the 60's soon. I could probably find some if I try "very hard". But it's probably already too late. But North Carolina has some of the best wildlife here, which is split to three regions. With each region being diverse from the other.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Very fascinating Liquifin! I might add, with regard to the fascinating wildlife, that NC is home to the Venus Flytrap...but then I'm keen on carnivorous plants haha.