Noob Ball python question

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
I've had my ball python for about a year now. He is extremely docile and never tries to bite me except for when i'm feeding him. He dosen't like me touching his food and he'll bite me if I do, so I just dump it in his cage. So he'll just eat it without strangling it. Is this okay? He's never skipped a meal and seems quite happy. Thanks

Mr Tea

Arachnopeon
I've had my ball python for about a year now. He is extremely docile and never tries to bite me except for when i'm feeding him. He dosen't like me touching his food and he'll bite me if I do, so I just dump it in his cage. So he'll just eat it without strangling it. Is this okay? He's never skipped a meal and seems quite happy. Thanks
I have a Rainbow boa that if I just leave the pre-killed rat in the cage, she'll eat it without constricting. When I use 10" tongs and wiggle the dead rat, she'll strike and wrap around it. I'd suggest using tongs to entice your python to strike and coil around the prey.

Last edited:

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
No real issue if they don't constrict, but better to use tongs to entice them to because constricting prey is good for their overall physical health as it builds muscle mass. There's a study on this somewhere, I think, but I can't find it.

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
No real issue if they don't constrict, but better to use tongs to entice them to because constricting prey is good for their overall physical health as it builds muscle mass. There's a study on this somewhere, I think, but I can't find it.
Okay Thanks a lot. I know it doesn't mean anything if he bites me and it probably wont hurt, but I still rather he not xD
Thxs Mr Tea too

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Better if he doesn't bite you. Not good for his teeth. That's why I reccomend tongs.