Non-venomous tarantulas???

cold blood

Staff member
And only a year old...must be feeding that thing nothing but anabolic steriods....lol.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
People are great aren’t they? I emailed them to ask if its defanged since its non-venomous. I couldn’t resist.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
And only a year old...must be feeding that thing nothing but anabolic steriods....lol.
Yeah, it kind of looks beefy to be only 4"—though to be fair? That could be a matter of the angle the photo was shot at.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah, it kind of looks beefy to be only 4"—though to be fair? That could be a matter of the angle the photo was shot at.
And unless that is a child's hand, its much bigger than 4".

AN adult male's hand is about 7.5", just the palm is 4"...that t is closer to 6" and full grown...probably at least 5-8 yo....maybe a decade.

One of the funniest things I see from the uninformed or newer keepers is when they give us ages of their new ts...it is literally never close to even being possible. Every new or uninformed keeper with an adult always thinks they have a very young t....often because the pet store they got it from said so.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
It's hard to tell the age or gender of the person in the picture. That actually does looks like a boy's hand to me. The way he (or she) is built reminds me of my friend's 10 year old son. It could be a skinny/small woman, too. My hands are probably about 5" (I'm muy petite).

Either way, I'm curious about the story behind it. I hope someone who has some kind of knowledge gets ahold of the poor thing.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Well I was kind of messing with the fellow asking about the defanging but I am truly saddened by the response I got:

“No it is not defanged as that tends to stresss them out, lash out more and be more sociable. However in the 30 years my father has been collecting non aggressive tarantulas he has never been but. It is practically unheard of.
Please get back to me if you are still interested.”

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Huh? His father? I wonder if the guy posting the ad really is a kid? It would explain a few things (no offense to kids here who are actually knowledgable and have decent grammar).

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Well I was kind of messing with the fellow asking about the defanging but I am truly saddened by the response I got:

“No it is not defanged as that tends to stresss them out, lash out more and be more sociable. However in the 30 years my father has been collecting non aggressive tarantulas he has never been but. It is practically unheard of.
Please get back to me if you are still interested.”
Could be a teenager. Not many kids use However or practically.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
It's hard to tell the age or gender of the person in the picture. That actually does looks like a boy's hand to me. The way he (or she) is built reminds me of my friend's 10 year old son. It could be a skinny/small woman, too. My hands are probably about 5" (I'm muy petite).
So you think he has... li'l paws?

wow making my feel self-conscious about my big giant man hands.
I love your magic sasquatch hands :)

Edit: almost forgot I actually had something to contribute to this topic. A. that picture practically looks photoshopped. It's probably the only picture of a tarantula taken with a camera worse than mine. B. Could easily be a kid, one of my earliest craigslist buys was from a barely-supervised kid that couldn't have been more than 12. Posting to craigslist and texting strangers to arrange a meeting to sell animals, yikes. Not much would surprise me on craigslist.

Edit again: someone supervise that child! He put his first and last name on craigslist, ugh.

Last edited:

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
B. Could easily be a kid, one of my earliest craigslist buys was from a barely-supervised kid that couldn't have been more than 12. Posting to craigslist and texting strangers to arrange a meeting to sell animals, yikes. Not much would surprise me on craigslist.

Edit again: someone supervise that child! He put his first and last name on craigslist, ugh.
Now that is a dangerous situation if I’ve ever heard it. I’m sure said 12 year old was ready to pull a “Home Alone” on anyone that tried to take advantage. Thats scary though.

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
wow making my feel self-conscious about my big giant man hands.
Ha! You can actually do awesome things like opening a jar without having to run it under water or smack it on things.

Actually I think she said -she- has lil paws.
LOL. They match everything else. I can get clothes in the kids section. Using stools all the time to reach things is annoying.

Edit: almost forgot I actually had something to contribute to this topic. A. that picture practically looks photoshopped. It's probably the only picture of a tarantula taken with a camera worse than mine. B. Could easily be a kid, one of my earliest craigslist buys was from a barely-supervised kid that couldn't have been more than 12. Posting to craigslist and texting strangers to arrange a meeting to sell animals, yikes. Not much would surprise me on craigslist.

Naw, it just looks masked because of the way it's shot with a flash. The flash is hitting the person's hand, but not the background. That makes the edges of the hand and arm look "sharp." There is equal amounts of noise in the foreground and background. If someone was that good at 'shopping (enough to know to add a layer of noise), they would have just taken better picture to begin with versus merging a couple of ugly ones.

I am betting it is a kid. Someone should go save the T and give the kid a lecture about internet safety. XD

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
How's that possible?? Hands so big like 'Magut' the giant? o_O
I don't believe that :)

You look so sweet, delicate, and innocent in this avatar picture. Yes, yes indeed... you look like a Napoli (Spaccanapoli*, to be exact) class A porcelain doll of once :pompous:

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaccanapoli_(street)
I'm 5'7" with size 40.5 feet (Italy/Europe) and here is a picture of the size of my hand so I could roughly measure specimens with my hand for my own personal estimations:

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
Maybe your hands are large (they don't look it to me) but they are beautiful and feminine.

I'm 5'7" with size 40.5 feet (Italy/Europe) and here is a picture of the size of my hand so I could roughly measure specimens with my hand for my own personal estimations: