No Anti Venom in the US???????????

Spanks

Arachnopeon
To me it seems like the writter of that doesn't really know as much as he wants people to believe

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What do you feel is wrong with it Spanks? :?

Spanks

Arachnopeon
MACZ said:
What do you feel is wrong with it Spanks? :?
Well I'm fairly new to inverts' my self, but its more the way he described the scorpion. I don't know, just got that feeling or maybee I'm just full of crap.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
i fail to see anything wrong with what the author has wrote in the description. Not a beginner's species, VERY dangerous if stung, no antivenom in the U.S., do not handle...what is so wrong with all that? :? do some research on it, you'll find the exact same things said by people who keep them from here on the forums.

think about it...what the heck would we need it for? They don't occur here naturally and nobody is going to stock antivenin for hobbyists. You should look in to how much some of that stuff costs...could buy a nice used car for the same price.

I'm still new to scorps myself, only had mine critters for a lil over a month but I've been researching them for over 4 months lol. Try the search engine here on AB, just punch in "androctonus" and you'll get plenty of threads to read :)

Last edited:

Spanks

Arachnopeon
edesign said:
i fail to see anything wrong with what the author has wrote in the description. Not a beginner's species, VERY dangerous if stung, no antivenom in the U.S., do not handle...what is so wrong with all that? :? do some research on it, you'll find the exact same things said by people who keep them from here on the forums.

think about it...what the heck would we need it for? They don't occur here naturally and nobody is going to stock antivenin for hobbyists. You should look in to how much some of that stuff costs...could buy a nice used car for the same price.

I'm still new to scorps myself, only had mine critters for a lil over a month but I've been researching them for over 4 months lol. Try the search engine here on AB, just punch in "andoctonus" and you'll get plenty of threads to read :)
Well then.... It would look like im full of crap wouldn't it lol.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Spanks said:
Well then.... It would look like im full of crap wouldn't it lol.
lol, just a smidgen :D did i just type "smidgen"? scary...

Shelob

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably my favorite part of the caresheet was this -

"Temperament Aggressive and calm."

Can a scorp be aggressive and calm in terms of their temperment?

{D

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shelob said:
Probably my favorite part of the caresheet was this -

"Temperament Aggressive and calm."

Can a scorp be aggressive and calm in terms of their temperment?

{D
Sure they can. They will me more then happy to sting you if you get them mad, but generally they are calm....... a good example of an agressive and nervous invert would be a vietnam centipede.... theres a difference between will sting you, and will stop at nothing to tear you into peices while you sleep. :)

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
haha, yea...if they're bipolar :D maybe nervous would be a better description? My A. seemani (tarantula) isn't aggressive but if you surprise it it will strike at the perpetrator. Usually it will try to run, but not always lol

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
He overstates the potential danger ("can kill an adult man in two hours") and misses the point about antivenom. For the most part, antivenom is going to be way more trouble than it is worth and is generally contraindicated. To be sure, his words of caution are valid -- but it seems to be another case of the blind leading the blind.

Cheers,
Dave