User Nightstalker47's Picture Thread

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Gorgeous photos as always.

I think I could have a collection of only Poecilotheria and be happy. Well, maybe a Lampropelma or two...

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Omothymus shioedtei

Phormingochilus everetti

Nhandu chromatus

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Ornithoctoninae sp. Hati hati

Theraphosa stirmi

Poecilotheria metallica

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Lampropelma sp. Borneo black, and various stages of their growth.

Sling

Unsexed Juvie

Immature female

Immature male

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Man, great collection you got going.

What temps do you keep your room at? My Nhandu and Phormictopus grow like Brachypelma.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Man, great collection you got going.

What temps do you keep your room at? My Nhandu and Phormictopus grow like Brachypelma.
Thanks man, I have been keeping the T room between 67-77 range for the last couple months. I always let night temps dip, and only heat up the room during the day.

Thats surprising, which nhandu(s) are you currently raising? The phormics can be a little slower.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thanks man, I have been keeping the T room between 67-77 range for the last couple months. I always let night temps dip, and only heat up the room during the day.

Thats surprising, which nhandu(s) are you currently raising? The phormics can be a little slower.
Hmm, mine are consistently ~75.

Well, they're not quite slings. Just had two molts in the last year with 1" P cancerides. And a 3" 0.1 tripepi with one in the same time. :/ Just seems you have some faster growers.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hmm, mine are consistently ~75.

Well, they're not quite slings. Just had two molts in the last year with 1" P cancerides. And a 3" 0.1 tripepi with one in the same time. :/ Just seems you have some faster growers.
Keep feeding regularly and they should catch up. Do you heat your T room at night? I have noticed that the spiders really seem to enjoy the cooler night temps, its when they are most active...I dont necessary believe higher temps always equates to faster growth.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Keep feeding regularly and they should catch up. Do you heat your T room at night? I have noticed that the spiders really seem to enjoy the cooler night temps, its when they are most active...I dont necessary believe higher temps always equates to faster growth.
I do. I'll turn it off for a couple months perhaps. It'll let me sleep easier at least lol

I guess it does simulate their natural environment better. Faster growth.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Xenesthis sp. blue Colombia

Stunning species, heres when I first got her at around 2.5''.

Fresh after her molt, put on lots of size and her colors darkened considerably.

Enjoying some food, shes currently in pre molt as we speak, getting very dark. Ill update when shes molted.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Chilobrachys sp. dyscolus blue, beautiful spiders with blue highlights...like many other species, they are most vibrant just after a molt.

Very feisty spiders with lots of attitude, my large female will strike at the smallest disturbances. Check out her fangs, pretty damn big for a chilo.

Shes a great eater when she wants to be though. Highly recommend this species to anyone with a little more experience, lots of fun to raise and just great tarantulas overall.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
A few updates, the spiders have been molting like crazy this week.

A.geniculata 4" female.
20180819_144025.jpg 20180814_142931.jpg
My smaller regalis female, granted shes pretty big now...around the 7" range.
20180818_190348.jpg
20180818_190344.jpg
And last but not least the Xenesthis sp. blue Colombia, sitting at roughly 4".