Nice, very cheap display setup for growing 3"-ish terrestrials

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So in my searches for better, cheaper plastic tubs and various accoutriments i've stumbled across a very affordable setup for growing terrestrials. I'm using these for l parahybanas, n cromatus & coloratovillosus and pampho sp. "purpley star on it's carapace".

6.5"x6.5"x5"deep sterilite tob: $1.15

2" 22.5 deg bend pvc fitting: $1.69
2" pvc plumbing 'test cap" 0.49

Total setup cost (minus substrate) $3.33 plus tax

You can see the t's pretty well through the top. The hinged opening and snap closure are a little worrisome cuz they could both wear out. That's why i'd consider these good temps for growing t's. Also i secure it w/ a rubber band as an extra precaution.

The sterilite was WallyWorld and the plumbing stuff was lowes.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, those are great for only 3 bucks! I'm gonna run out and buy 4! Oh wait, i just did...

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good stuff!

Get some velcro strips from a craft store, and for another fifty cents per container you can secure the lids very well. This was strong enough to keep baby corn snakes from pushing them up, so holding in T's should be no problemo..

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent Ethan. :clap: :clap:

As I have 4 soon to be getting bigger parahybanas (OK, maybe later, rather than sooner :p ), I will definately have to keep this idea in mind. For my roseas, and scrofas, and my smithi too!

Great idea on the velcro too Scotty.

arachnophoria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought these same things at WalMart and I agree that they are suitable for growing Ts out in,but the closures are very suspect.I would be sure to utilize the velcro,rubberband,or maybe hot glueing metal snaps from a fabric store on the closure.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm using a big rubber band to secure them. If the latch gets worn out it's no biggie if i can't reuse them cuz it costs a buck.